Autoride dump valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Hey guys, got an question here. I’ve got a 2010 LTZ with the auto ride and I understand that when you start the vehicle the rear air shocks should vent and then refill momentarily as a system check.
Since I got the truck it seemed a little tall in the rear but figured it was just the way it was. Then after I had some night driving in I noticed the previous owner/dealer had the lights adjusted way down, I also can’t remember ever hearing air vent out (compressor does come on momentarily after start).

Without a tech 2 I know I’m basically just spit balling here, but could these all be clues to a dump valve of some sort malfunctioning?
Been very uncomfortable with handing any info over to most of those sites to get the tech 2. Most seem very..... ahem...unprofessional is the word we’ll use.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hey guys, got an question here. I’ve got a 2010 LTZ with the auto ride and I understand that when you start the vehicle the rear air shocks should vent and then refill momentarily as a system check.
Since I got the truck it seemed a little tall in the rear but figured it was just the way it was. Then after I had some night driving in I noticed the previous owner/dealer had the lights adjusted way down, I also can’t remember ever hearing air vent out (compressor does come on momentarily after start).

Without a tech 2 I know I’m basically just spit balling here, but could these all be clues to a dump valve of some sort malfunctioning?
Been very uncomfortable with handing any info over to most of those sites to get the tech 2. Most seem very..... ahem...unprofessional is the word we’ll use.

It's possible there is a problem but it would probably set a code and say service suspension system on the DIC.

The white wire going into the compressor is the power lead for the dump valve solenoid.

You could apply power to that wire and see if it dumps.

These compressors are known for having that wire get corroded where it enters the compressor and cause issues but it normally causes the message I mentioned earlier.

OP
OP
camaroz2887

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Hmm I’ll have to check that out tomorrow.
My dmm is quickly becoming an extension of my arm here lol.

Am I correct in assuming I’d readily hear the vent?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, if you have autostart you can stand at the back of the truck by the gas filler and listen when you press the start button you should be able to hear it release some air, otherwise have someone else start it normally and listen right when it starts, it should release first then kick the pump on right after, you can also watch visually and see it the rear lifts a inch or so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts