Autoride delete with a lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rascole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 06 Tahoe 4WD with Autoride. Immediate plans will be RC 6" lift but my concerns are the Autoride. I have read a lot of posts about the delete with resistors but all of them are lowered or stock. Will the same delete work on a lifted one? There still seems to be controversy on what to with the height sensors.

SparxXx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yup will work just fine. For me I never threw the resistors in. Unplug the fuse in the engine bay when the light comes on in your message center unplug your battery. After 15 minutes or so plug the battery back in and no lights.
I saw the heatsink on those resistors so I didn't know how hot they get.

large

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Search the forums there is a better way by cutting and jumping some wires on the body control module behind the right rear panel. No codes or disconnecting fuses done it to mine about 4-5 years ago. Someone posted it on this forum from a gm dealer service manual. Then you can remove all of the autoride system

Aaron81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Search the forums there is a better way by cutting and jumping some wires on the body control module behind the right rear panel. No codes or disconnecting fuses done it to mine about 4-5 years ago. Someone posted it on this forum from a gm dealer service manual. Then you can remove all of the autoride system
Do you have the link too that?

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the link too that?
Remove the PASS rear cover in the cargo area. You will see the Control module there mounted to the floor of the cab. There is a large ORANGE Wire that is the 12+ feed. Disconnect the battery and then snip the wire(I put some connectors on the ends of the wire to protect it for futrue use when I install a Viair Compressor for onboard air). Reconnect the battery and let it ride. I have had zero issues doing it this way. I deleted all the autoride shocks in favor of Bilstein 5100s with Z71 rear springs. This winter I am planning on in stall the AFP Coilover setup in the front.

Attachments

• YUKON_Autoride_Delete.jpg
    YUKON_Autoride_Delete.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14