Autoride bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B2sdad

Reaction score
quick update guys...FWIW I was able to get a hold of the shorter Belltech Ride height rods and install them. All in an attempt to kill the Service Suspension light in the dash, and It worked, sort of.

Before installing the new shorted ride height rods, i would get the error constantly while driving, NOW I get the error only at startup? Im guessing at this point one of the resistors i installed must be bad? I might have to check them with my multi-meter to verify.

RMBX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thought I would post up my results with this mod.
2007 AWD Denali Z55/ G69 delete.
I used the Bilstein 4600 shock.
Front # 24-186926
Rear # 24- 186933
25 watt 3.9 ohm green resistors from Amazon. They all ohmed out at 4.2.
Airlift 1000 part number that fits the stock springs is 60912.
Rebuilding the front struts using the Shankly spring compressors made the job easy.
I had disconnected the battery before starting the project, then I only removed fuse #61 ALC COMP for this model.
Everything went great, no service suspension messages.
IMG_20200508_082029311~2.jpg IMG_20200510_101926502.jpg IMG_20200510_114208494.jpg IMG_20200509_143248109.jpg IMG_20200510_094735702_HDR.jpg

crawdaddy182

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thought I would post up my results with this mod.
2007 AWD Denali Z55/ G69 delete.
I used the Bilstein 4600 shock.
Front # 24-186926
Rear # 24- 186933
25 watt 3.9 ohm green resistors from Amazon. They all ohmed out at 4.2.
Airlift 1000 part number that fits the stock springs is 60912.
Rebuilding the front struts using the Shankly spring compressors made the job easy.
I had disconnected the battery before starting the project, then I only removed fuse #61 ALC COMP for this model.
Everything went great, no service suspension messages.
View attachment 246843 View attachment 246844 View attachment 246845 View attachment 246846 View attachment 246847

Was you able to use all the hardware such as spring boots and such with this conversion? I’ve read that you need to buy struts from LS models to make it work. I have a 2013 ltz. Z55 autoride that I want to convert but I can’t find a clear answer on what I need.

klathan2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've done a lot of searching and cannot come up with a straight answer. Can the 25 watt 3.9 ohm resistors work on the 2007+ SUVs? Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I have a 2013 Suburban 1500 4WD LTZ that had the Z55 suspension. I switched to Fox Shocks.

I used 4 - 50 watt 1ohm resistors on each corner; my Service Suspension light was still on. I used 4 - 25 watt 3.9ohm resistors. Service Suspension light was still on.

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving from the grave!

Does anyone know if i can replace Z55 just the FRONT with regular struts and keep rear with Air?
Will the rear still work properly and balance the car as expected or you need both front and rear working nicely together?

Rear side seems cheap to fix with parts readily available, so i'd like to keep that.
Front seems quite pricey, FCS out of stock and only Arnott available, with price tag of 650$ CAD + Shipping for EACH.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reviving from the grave!

Does anyone know if i can replace Z55 just the FRONT with regular struts and keep rear with Air?
Will the rear still work properly and balance the car as expected or you need both front and rear working nicely together?

Rear side seems cheap to fix with parts readily available, so i'd like to keep that.
Front seems quite pricey, FCS out of stock and only Arnott available, with price tag of 650$ CAD + Shipping for EACH.
Yes, you can do that. You'll just need to add resistors in the front to fool the computer.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this on my 01 Denali and the resistors worked great. I now have a 08 Denali and need to do it to this one. I'm glad to read that I can use the same resistors. Now to decide between Bilsteins, KYB or ??? shocks.

B2sdad

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Suburban 1500 4WD LTZ that had the Z55 suspension. I switched to Fox Shocks.

I used 4 - 50 watt 1ohm resistors on each corner; my Service Suspension light was still on. I used 4 - 25 watt 3.9ohm resistors. Service Suspension light was still on.
Im in the same boat...I tried the ebay resistors, Service Suspension light still on. Just purchased the 25 watt 3.9 ohm resistors from Amazon, hoping this will Finally kill the Service Suspension light?

NZNC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright guys, apologies if I am reviving an old thread but i think this may hopefully help others. I believe this is the correct solution WITHOUT having to pull the compressor fuse.

I spoke to shocksims by xineering, who were willing to help and were extremely professional, told me that the ride height sensor needs to be clocked so thats its in a range between 1 - 4 volts. This tells the computer that the suspension is in the correct range. More info here on their site in the Bypassing Z55 "Pre-2015" Magneride section located at bottom of their FAQ page

Before even trying to set the ride height sensor, I pried open the sensor link arm that connects from the sensor to the body. First I pulled it off from the sensor with a trim tool then did the same on the lower side that connects to the body. BE VERY CAREFUL and tug gently but firmly with a trim tool because you can easily break the ride height sensor. These photos are for demonstration purposes as installation was already complete at time of photos.

z55 D1.jpg

z55 D2.jpg

You can see in the picture below that I put a ziptie as tight as possible around the sensor arm and the sensor. To verify voltage changes, I put two t-pins on the middle (green) wire and right (orange) wire of the connector that goes into the ride height sensor and checked the volts when the arm is fully extended with a multimeter in which it read around 5v, once clocked back and zip-tied it is around 2.5 - 2.6 volts. (Third photo)

z55 D3.jpg

Lastly I add the resistors as mentioned many times in this thread with T taps, just in case anyone wants to replace the air ride components the connector is still there. I did add electrical grease inside the T taps and connections to prevent moisture build up and corrosion. Currently the wires are taped up to the resistor but will solder it up soon and self tap into frame.

Hope this helps someone!!

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yup I do these daily. If you want more info to help I'm always around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout