Autoride bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought one of the compressors from Amazon, and it has a lifetime warranty, on my third one, but oh well, it takes me about 30-60 min to swap it out by the time I get the car up in the air and the wheel off (makes it easier but not necessary)
What brand?

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dorman
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJ1HUB6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The original was shot when I got my 2007, no codes, just did not run.
The first Dorman I got on Aug 17, 2014 and lasted about 2 years (I live in MI and it the winters are ****** on things like this)
They replaced it for free on June 8, 2016,
In Aug 2018 I had them replace it again and it was not the compressor at all, it was the controller unit above the spare tire. The ride module unit cost me a few hundred, and then I had to have it flashed and that was another $100... I could not do it with a Tech 2 or I would have.

My 2007 level computer was above my spare tire tucked in the frame, it was a PITA to do, especially considering my spare tire would not drop all the way off... Later years apparently the computer is tucked inside the vehicle (where it belongs) Getting it back in was easier than trying to remove it... I had a lift and that helped, I could not imagine trying to do it laying on my back.

I think some of these people and their problems with the compressor might be the computer. I got the code that the air vent was not working properly. I replaced the compressor and got the same code, You can check your pump to see if it still works by jumping the relay that is by the left front wheel well. I ended up figuring out that it was the compressor module that was corroded to death... I am not sure how much the computer controls, I think it is more than just the level, I think it does all of the computations for the ride as well... Not sure tho. IT seems that as soon as you throw a code, the truck would not lift or anything, it just shuts the system down...

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I replaced: 15095294 Control Module

They are not cheap, but it fixed my problem. I bought new, and I do remember searching for a new one, it took me some time to find a reasonable price... I had to pay a shop $100 to have it flashed to my truck tho... so keep that in mind.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dorman
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJ1HUB6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The original was shot when I got my 2007, no codes, just did not run.
The first Dorman I got on Aug 17, 2014 and lasted about 2 years (I live in MI and it the winters are ****** on things like this)
They replaced it for free on June 8, 2016,
In Aug 2018 I had them replace it again and it was not the compressor at all, it was the controller unit above the spare tire. The ride module unit cost me a few hundred, and then I had to have it flashed and that was another $100... I could not do it with a Tech 2 or I would have.

My 2007 level computer was above my spare tire tucked in the frame, it was a PITA to do, especially considering my spare tire would not drop all the way off... Later years apparently the computer is tucked inside the vehicle (where it belongs) Getting it back in was easier than trying to remove it... I had a lift and that helped, I could not imagine trying to do it laying on my back.

I think some of these people and their problems with the compressor might be the computer. I got the code that the air vent was not working properly. I replaced the compressor and got the same code, You can check your pump to see if it still works by jumping the relay that is by the left front wheel well. I ended up figuring out that it was the compressor module that was corroded to death... I am not sure how much the computer controls, I think it is more than just the level, I think it does all of the computations for the ride as well... Not sure tho. IT seems that as soon as you throw a code, the truck would not lift or anything, it just shuts the system down...
I've heard the Dorman compressors don't last long. I bought the Arnott. 4 years so far but I'm in the NW, no salt.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Salt is killer around here. The Dorman was half price, and for the lifetime warranty, I figured why not... I should add some shielding around it to keep more salt off of it. Michigan sucks in the winter.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting a Service Traction Control and Service Stabilitrack error everytime I drive after swapping to passive shocks. Anyone else get this and know how to fix?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting a Service Traction Control and Service Stabilitrack error everytime I drive after swapping to passive shocks. Anyone else get this and know how to fix?
You might have unplugged a wheel speed sensor or associated wire harness. The autoride system won’t cause that error.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might have unplugged a wheel speed sensor or associated wire harness. The autoride system won’t cause that error.

That would cause my ABS to not work either right? ABS is fine, it's just stabilitrak/TCS error. Only sensor(s) I unplugged where single 2-wire sensors at the top of each shock and soldered the resistors in their places.

johnny lara

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What’s up guys I’m new to the forum and have the same issue service stabilitrak and Tcs any help would appreciate it 2007 Escalade not sure if it’s different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would cause my ABS to not work either right? ABS is fine, it's just stabilitrak/TCS error. Only sensor(s) I unplugged where single 2-wire sensors at the top of each shock and soldered the resistors in their places.
Correct, the ABS light would be on also. There are harnesses in that general area that are easy to unplug accidentally, is why I mentioned it. Just something to go back and look for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low