Automatic Foglights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08 Tahoe LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I need some clarification. I did the wire from headlight relay to the fog relay and fogs do come on and stay on for high beams. However, they also are on with my daytime running lights. Is that how everyone else's are? Can this be corrected with the fuse tap off the parking lights? I also have a different # fog relay than other pics. I'm heading to the shop now so can add pics if needed.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
So I need some clarification. I did the wire from headlight relay to the fog relay and fogs do come on and stay on for high beams. However, they also are on with my daytime running lights. Is that how everyone else's are? Can this be corrected with the fuse tap off the parking lights? I also have a different # fog relay than other pics. I'm heading to the shop now so can add pics if needed.

Yes, if wired to the relay.

Yes, parking lights don't come on with DRLs, only by themselves or with the headlights.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

justbabs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I followed along with this thread because, I too, was interested in having my fog lights come on automatically. Using the add-a-circuit from my local auto parts store, I was able to tap into the right park light circuit. I'm using a 5a fuse, mostly because that's the smallest they had. I initially tapped into the fog light relay at the lower right post, as shown in the OP's pic. That didn't work, so I tapped into the lower left post (Pic 1 below). Upon verifying it worked, I used a small spade connector, and modified it to fit in between the adjacent fuse. See Pics 2-3 below.
So many thanks go to gooffeyguy for the detailed description and instructions. I may look into tapping into just the low beams, instead of the parking lights, as the fogs come on when I remote start it. I'm using
LED Switchback Fog Light Extremely Super Bright Dual Color 6000K Xenon White / 3000K Yellow Switch PS19W PS24WFF Fog Bulbs.

IMG_1126.JPG IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1128.JPG IMG_1129.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
I followed along with this thread because, I too, was interested in having my fog lights come on automatically. Using the add-a-circuit from my local auto parts store, I was able to tap into the right park light circuit. I'm using a 5a fuse, mostly because that's the smallest they had. I initially tapped into the fog light relay at the lower right post, as shown in the OP's pic. That didn't work, so I tapped into the lower left post (Pic 1 below). Upon verifying it worked, I used a small spade connector, and modified it to fit in between the adjacent fuse. See Pics 2-3 below.
So many thanks go to gooffeyguy for the detailed description and instructions. I may look into tapping into just the low beams, instead of the parking lights, as the fogs come on when I remote start it. I'm using
LED Switchback Fog Light Extremely Super Bright Dual Color 6000K Xenon White / 3000K Yellow Switch PS19W PS24WFF Fog Bulbs.

View attachment 265250 View attachment 265251 View attachment 265252 View attachment 265253
The lower left terminal on the relay is the one I said to tap into in the original post. It just looks like it's going to the lower right terminal in the pic.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fog light as well as the low beam relays are both ground triggered so if you're feeding power into that socket where the fog light relay used to be, you're pulling power to run the fog lights from the park light circuit. Might be ok from the trailer park fuse but will most definitely cause issues if tapped into the left or right vehicle park fuse.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fog light as well as the low beam relays are both ground triggered so if you're feeding power into that socket where the fog light relay used to be, you're pulling power to run the fog lights from the park light circuit. Might be ok from the trailer park fuse but will most definitely cause issues if tapped into the left or right vehicle park fuse.
The way the add-a-fuse works is to pull that power from the feed side of a circuit, not from the fused side. You’ll be ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9