AutoCal BB tune review...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed an AutoCal tune on my 04 Tahoe. Installing the files on the AutoCal is much easier then the online instructions make it seem. The included Quick Start program does all the work, no need to manually copy files. Once loaded, installing the files to the ECM is very intuitive if you've ever used a code reader on your vehicle. Just pick the tune you want, then follow the on screen instructions.
Five minutes later you'll be driving a "new" vehicle. I was looking for general improvement in daily driving, staying with 87 octane and I got it. Throttle response is much improved as are the shift points. Light throttle=smooth acceleration but if you get on it, revs come up quickly and you know when it shifts.
Best mod to the vehicle yet.......
If your on the fence, or even considering an AutoCal, as I was, my suggestion is just due it. Spend your kids inheritance......
Oh, and to add, I did not specify the different settings, etc. to the tune, just said what I was looking for and BB delivered.....thanks guys

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for your review! The instructions are certainly more detailed, and cater to the folks that have absolutely no background in computers/vehicles. You are correct, the AutoCal is VERY easy to use.

Enjoy your new ponies and remember, you have free updates, so if you add mods, give the guys a holler to modify your tune.

robsan1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed an AutoCal tune on my 04 Tahoe. Installing the files on the AutoCal is much easier then the online instructions make it seem. The included Quick Start program does all the work, no need to manually copy files. Once loaded, installing the files to the ECM is very intuitive if you've ever used a code reader on your vehicle. Just pick the tune you want, then follow the on screen instructions.
Five minutes later you'll be driving a "new" vehicle. I was looking for general improvement in daily driving, staying with 87 octane and I got it. Throttle response is much improved as are the shift points. Light throttle=smooth acceleration but if you get on it, revs come up quickly and you know when it shifts.
Best mod to the vehicle yet.......
If your on the fence, or even considering an AutoCal, as I was, my suggestion is just due it. Spend your kids inheritance......
Oh, and to add, I did not specify the different settings, etc. to the tune, just said what I was looking for and BB delivered.....thanks guys
hi iam in australia useing auto cal but find it hard but big improvement on 2010 yukon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401