Auto Stop Function

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bro I don’t care about Gov’t emissions standards. As far as I’m concerned fossil fuels will be a thing of the past by the time in the next generation. Nevertheless, use smart technology to save gas and I do not feel the GM auto stop is smart tech. As far as hybrids, if I have a choice, I’d rather have the EV because the performance kicks ***. Anyway, I’m getting off topic...I’ll do more research and until then continue to manually cut off the auto stop.

Only brought it up because it is germane to the reasoning behind auto stop. Didn't mean to agitate your sensibilities but emission standards are entirely responsible for the feature you despise. To pretend otherwise is folly.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fossil fuels will be here for a VERY long time, not forever but there not going away as soon as they want you think. Hybrid will have to be the way for quite a while

OP
OP
T

Thislife1977

Reaction score
fossil fuels will be here for a VERY long time, not forever but there not going away as soon as they want you think. Hybrid will have to be the way for quite a while
Only brought it up because it is germane to the reasoning behind auto stop. Didn't mean to agitate your sensibilities but emission standards are entirely responsible for the feature you despise. To pretend otherwise is folly.

ok

killjoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Biggest problem with the auto stop/start is it wasn't designed for 2 foot'd drivers. Engine doesn't restart until your foot is completely off the brake pedal. I find I hit the gas sooner than the engine is fully restarted and ready go, causing a concerning powertrain bounce/chug in the engine. It's pretty dang annoying actually.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, GM did a poor job with the start/stop. My Ram had the eTorque mild-hybrid Hemi and the starting was almost instantaneous.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a weird electrical issue with the passenger side headlight and fog light sometimes being stuck in DRL mode. After the dealer had it and replaced a few things our auto stop has not worked. I for one kinda like the reasoning for it, especially with a lot of city driving but I am on the fence about taking it in to have it fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts