Auto ride build differences (and my dumb mistake)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

efair

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll post more here once I receive and install the kit. It might be a few weeks.

bhcbman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have any input on how to wire a resistor up?
Each side on the front has a height sensor with a two-wire connector. Disconnect this and wire up each of the resistor terminals to one of the connector wires, then zip-tie it to something so it doesn't flop around. Some people cut the connector off to get to the wires, others get more creative in case they ever want to go back to stock and do it in a way that saves the connector. You are using the resistor to jumper the two wires together, and this fakes out the computer that the wheel is level.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Each side on the front has a height sensor with a two-wire connector. Disconnect this and wire up each of the resistor terminals to one of the connector wires, then zip-tie it to something so it doesn't flop around. Some people cut the connector off to get to the wires, others get more creative in case they ever want to go back to stock and do it in a way that saves the connector. You are using the resistor to jumper the two wires together, and this fakes out the computer that the wheel is level.
This. I cut the connectors off and soldered the resistor to the 2 wires, used heat shrink over the soldering, and zip tied the wires to the harness that’s right there.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just for the record... the height/level sensor is NOT where the resistor gets wired into.

The plug that connects to the top (center shaft) of the strut is where you want to install the resistor. But it is just two wires, one to either side of the resistor.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for the record... the height/level sensor is NOT where the resistor gets wired into.

The plug that connects to the top (center shaft) of the strut is where you want to install the resistor. But it is just two wires, one to either side of the resistor.
Good catch, I didn’t even notice that @bhcbman gave instructions for the height sensors, which like you said is not where the resistors go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons