Audio, side view cameras, 2nd Battery, Big 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, thanks for being that "Project Guy" for the NNBS. Cool stuff.

Looking at picking up that dashcam combo. How is the camera view for the rear camera through a tinted window?
To be honest I never got around to explore rear camera yet with all the things I have going on, but front recording is very clear day or night

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Chrismnj , Question: Where is your front camera mounted? (not the dash cam but the one going to the head unit) Also, you mentioned a switch. Where did you mount yours? For the IBeam, do you have to manually splice into the blinker wires, or does it interface through a system connection?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@wendal

Front camera

71BD64BD-1401-4286-AF1A-F6A720278BD2.jpeg

Front camera switch

F09A4F98-D4F5-46EA-BD91-668211E81C06.jpeg

And for blinkers I pulled wires from each along with reverse light

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Chrismnj , One thing I would like is for the camera to be automatic, like if the radar sensor picks up something, then cut the camera on. how sensitive are the radar sensors? I see you seem to have it pointed "up", seemingly to avoid the ground causing sensor to go off. Is that how you aimed it? Is there access to the sensor wires to potentially make them the power trigger for the camera? That would be awesome. I just don't see myself hitting that button, even when I need to see, like parking. I guess after doing the work to install it, I might remember it. I would likely need it up a little further. Ideal would actually be on the steering wheel...

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! @07Burb , I am not nearly that creative... I have a small, circular camera that I was going to use, but I like his camera better. However, I would definitely need a mount of some kind, and it would need to be plastic. I don't work well with plastic as far as creating, etc. I would need to get one that is already made. I will look at the dimensions though and measure just to make sure.

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Chrismnj , Here's my problem: No camera space. Any ideas?
View attachment 222940

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V12JVS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the camera that I got, it came with a mount, how about if cut a piece of your grill above your license plate to fit in the camera? At one point when researching cameras came across one that was mounted in chevy emblem maybe there is one for GMC, but you would have to get the sensor separately.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Chrismnj , One thing I would like is for the camera to be automatic, like if the radar sensor picks up something, then cut the camera on. how sensitive are the radar sensors? I see you seem to have it pointed "up", seemingly to avoid the ground causing sensor to go off. Is that how you aimed it? Is there access to the sensor wires to potentially make them the power trigger for the camera? That would be awesome. I just don't see myself hitting that button, even when I need to see, like parking. I guess after doing the work to install it, I might remember it. I would likely need it up a little further. Ideal would actually be on the steering wheel...

I am not sure how would you go about the front camera going on automatically, unless you get sensors separately and somehow connect the camera to them, so when your sensors go off it will feed power to camera or the switch in which case you would need a 3 way switch. As far as aiming camera up just wanted to get longer distance picture, ground didn't trigger the sensors to go off, with all honesty I don't use this camera that much only when I park super close to something only reason why is there is because Ibeam came with front cam input so I figured if its there why not lol.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak