Audio, side view cameras, 2nd Battery, Big 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the sine wave do/doesn't do? I've been wanting a power inverter for my work van.
Modified its cheaper than pure sine, pure sine is same power as you have home, so some home appliances might not run on modified, there is much more to it, but I am not the ideal person to explain lol

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2000 watts continuous power, 4000 watts peak power, Modified Sine Wave.
I had an Inverter installed in my work truck at a 2 way shop. They used a relay for the power line. i think this way the box wont come on w/o the Ignition... I wanted to see the way they did it but the wires are pretty well hidden. Was the relay hard to wire in?

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an Inverter installed in my work truck at a 2 way shop. They used a relay for the power line. i think this way the box wont come on w/o the Ignition... I wanted to see the way they did it but the wires are pretty well hidden. Was the relay hard to wire in?

I have connected to existing switch in the unit.

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all wires are through the boxIMG_0610.jpeg

ground wire for inverterIMG_0611.jpeg IMG_0612.jpeg

switch connection

IMG_0613.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you serious about that ground? I feel like I must've misunderstood something because you seem to know your stuff electrically everywhere else, including doing the multiple batteries, Big 3 upgrade, etc. But that ground for the inverter...

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you serious about that ground? I feel like I must've misunderstood something because you seem to know your stuff electrically everywhere else, including doing the multiple batteries, Big 3 upgrade, etc. But that ground for the inverter...

for some reason inverters on board remote switch doesn't work without external ground just the way manufacture wired in, and I am doing 3 way switch on that, on the other hand more ground points win win

going under the truck with wires.
IMG_0615.jpeg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you were grounding the inverter on the battery lug with that tiny wire instead of the 0 gauge.

Looking back at your other pic, I see that there's a small ground lug and that's what you attached it to. The pic in post #61 looks like you grounded it on that main lug. It's just the angle of the pic. Carry on!

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look from under, I did put automotive silicone around
IMG_0616.jpeg

I thought you were grounding the inverter on the battery lug with that tiny wire instead of the 0 gauge.

Looking back at your other pic, I see that there's a small ground lug and that's what you attached it to. The pic in post #61 looks like you grounded it on that main lug. It's just the angle of the pic. Carry on!

No faith, LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak