Audible Alert onBlind Spot Warning System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert in CA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up by Z71 over the weekend and and getting through all of the features.

One big miss seems to be on the blind spot warning system. I like the orange illuminated icon on the mirror, but that's pretty passive unless you're looking for it. My daughter's Mazda has that paired with an audio alert - that really gets your attention.

Do anyone know if there's a setting to enable a more "active" alert for blind spot warning?

On an unrelated note, I *love* that we can change the height of the "3/4 open" position on the rear liftgate. That was a good one for me since my 7ft garage door doesn't allow the gate to open 100% ... and the defauly 3/4 was too low.

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
I doubt it as I remember. Your seats would be vibrating almost continuously.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most vehicles are like this... Mine will audibly alert you if you put your turn signal on and there is someone there, but not if there is someone there passively or you start to veer over with no turn signal....

OP
OP
R

Robert in CA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let me clat
I doubt it as I remember. Your seats would be vibrating almost continuously.
Let me clarify: I'm looking for an audible warning (or other "active" warning) if I turn on a turn signal and there's a car in the blind spot.

OP
OP
R

Robert in CA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Most vehicles are like this... Mine will audibly alert you if you put your turn signal on and there is someone there, but not if there is someone there passively or you start to veer over with no turn signal....
Yes, that's exactly the behavior that I'm looking for.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does not have audible alert for blind spot monitor. Only a visible alert on mirrors.

I'm with you; every vehicle I've had with BSM had visible and audible alerts when using your blinker. At least the visual alert is fairly bright.

Campingfamco

Reaction score
Sorry for bringing this back from the dead. The 2015-2020 Yukons with the safety seat would vibrate the seat if the turn signal was on and a vehicle was detected by the blind zone alert system. I can’t figure out for the life of me how to enable the feature. I have everything turned on properly in the menus. The only thing I can think of is GMC decided to remove this feature.

Does anyone know if this feature was removed or does your seat vibrate when your turn signal is on and a vehicle is detected? I’m going to be taking the vehicle in for service and I don’t want to complain about it not working if it isn’t supposed to exist.

dbtran

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2021 Denali does not have an audible alert. Confirmed with my buddy at GMC service that it wasn't added to the BSM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe