Attempted car theft need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try taking it without the HV disconnect switch... will not get very far they best you can do is ACC on no engine start
Read my post above... They dont care about the disconnect switch.. When @Tonyrodz posts my video, you will understand.

The Club? You gotta be kidding. All it takes to defeat one is a hacksaw or battery powered angle grinder right through the steering wheel. It takes a minute or two. The Club itself might be hardened steel but the thieves quickly found out steering wheels aren’t.
No argument there man, and I agree completely, which is why I emphasized it only slows them down. I just wish there was a way protect my Escalade, that not only worked, but worked EVERYTIME.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read my post above... They dont care about the disconnect switch.. When @Tonyrodz posts my video, you will understand.

No argument there man, and I agree completely, which is why I emphasized it only slows them down. I just wish there was a way protect my Escalade, that not only worked, but worked EVERYTIME.

I don't care I want thief to take my suv so I can get a new one......

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care I want thief to take my suv so I can get a new one......
Come park it near my work.. Give it maybe 3 hours.. And I work across the street from the County Police Yard!

Edit: Correction.. Its a hybrid, I bet it would be there for awhile. (not trying to offend you)

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The downside is... Last checked, they really dont want the Hybrid models. The only thing usuable to them is body parts. But they are after the LS engines, cause everyone is always needing a LS engine.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The downside is... Last checked, they really dont want the Hybrid models. The only thing usuable to them is body parts. But they are after the LS engines, cause everyone is always needing a LS engine.
His hybrid does have a 6.0.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His hybrid does have a 6.0.
True, and I will admit my research on the 6.0 HY2 engine is minimal. No starter (does it even have bosses for a starter?), fuel mileage cam, and the other various differences inbetween it, and a regular 6.0, they just dont want em.

Of course I am running off statistical averages for the TYE, and since the build number for the TYE Hybrid is so low, the numbers could also be very skewed.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

it's a LS2 6.0L based engine heh...

few minor differences though

10.7:1.

down tuned..
Horsepower Rating 332 hp (combined is 379)
Torque Rating 367 ft./lbs.(combined is 472)

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
Allright, I finally got everything finished. My only regret is I lost a screw on finish back into the door. Wasn't going to take it apart again lol. I chose to block off the passenger side door lock. The paint matches pretty damn good.
Not too shabby for spray paint on my patio I think.
20210525_172827.jpg 20210524_134507.jpg 20210524_134516.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allright, I finally got everything finished. My only regret is I lost a screw on finish back into the door. Wasn't going to take it apart again lol. I chose to block off the passenger side door lock. The paint matches pretty damn good.
Not too shabby for spray paint on my patio I think.
View attachment 280663 View attachment 280661 View attachment 280662
Looks great. I covered up my passenger side lock too after it got broken out, and removed the rods inside the door. Never used it anyway. Don’t think I’ve ever used the driver side one either but you never know when you need a key although I could always use the one on the hatch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC