AT tires for 2015+ to replace 20" Conti's...Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a set of 275/60/20’s for my winter tires on my ‘07 and ‘17. Pretty tight and that is with a front level kit on both. The tires were studded so regular tires should be fine. Both also had retractable running boards. That is where it was close.

@tmarzetta You keep posting that tire set-up and I am sending you the bill:)

tmarzetta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had a set of 275/60/20’s for my winter tires on my ‘07 and ‘17. Pretty tight and that is with a front level kit on both. The tires were studded so regular tires should be fine. Both also had retractable running boards. That is where it was close.

LMAO :D

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

do you have pictures i would like to see

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice. Would love to see a shot of the ‘17 straight on the side to see how close it gets to the step. I have mudflaps so that’s a concern. Thanks!!!

Unfortunately, I had to replace the tires this winter and the studless I went with only came in the 275/55/20 otherwise, I would throw one on for a pic. I like the look of the bigger tire. I can tell you that it was close (1/4”) or less from the inner most part of the step. The radius is 16.5” vs. 16.0” plus I had another 1/8” for the studs. The steps are recessed about 6” into the wheel well so your mud flaps might be of a concern if the go back further.

A good test might be to see what your tightest clearance is and if it is more than 1/2” you should be good. Double check manufacturer details of the tire though.

Do you have mud flaps with retractable steps? If so I would be very interested in what flaps you found to work and a pic. I haven’t found any that work. Just 3M’d the whole damn lower rocker panels. They cinder the roads in winter here. Hell on vehicles.

Hope that helps some.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I had to replace the tires this winter and the studless I went with only came in the 275/55/20 otherwise, I would throw one on for a pic. I like the look of the bigger tire. I can tell you that it was close (1/4”) or less from the inner most part of the step. The radius is 16.5” vs. 16.0” plus I had another 1/8” for the studs. The steps are recessed about 6” into the wheel well so your mud flaps might be of a concern if the go back further.

A good test might be to see what your tightest clearance is and if it is more than 1/2” you should be good. Double check manufacturer details of the tire though.

Do you have mud flaps with retractable steps? If so I would be very interested in what flaps you found to work and a pic. I haven’t found any that work. Just 3M’d the whole damn lower rocker panels. They cinder the roads in winter here. Hell on vehicles.

Hope that helps some.

Thanks. I’ll have to check. Here are the flaps.

Husky Liners 58201 Black Custom Front Mud Guard https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MFSR6Q6?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

I also have Xpel ultimate on lower panels and front quarter panels.