Arnott spring conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought arnott’s spring conversion kit. Quick question I had to compress the front springs to replace with the new strut. I was able to swap it out only issue is to tighten the top spring bolt how do I tighten it down when the top spring mount plate is not flush? There is a solid inch below that I can’t get with a wrench. I bought a pass thru socket kit that seems like it will work but I can’t find out how to hold the top shock stem. I tried using a 8mm socket but it’s too big and 7mm is too small Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought arnott’s spring conversion kit. Quick question I had to compress the front springs to replace with the new strut. I was able to swap it out only issue is to tighten the top spring bolt how do I tighten it down when the top spring mount plate is not flush? There is a solid inch below that I can’t get with a wrench. I bought a pass thru socket kit that seems like it will work but I can’t find out how to hold the top shock stem. I tried using a 8mm socket but it’s too big and 7mm is too small Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Open end wrench... vise grips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts