Arnott rear air shocks w/ magnaride delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70cutlass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anybody know if Arnott struts can be taken apart without damaging the shock assembly? I was hoping to replace the springs with 1" drop springs to make up for the height difference. Any issues with doing this?

70cutlass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For those that are interested, I have removed the sensor (or whatever it is) from the top of the Arnott strut, took it apart and replaced the spring with 1" drop spring. The "sensor" is just bolted in, but they used red loc-tite on threads so it was a ***** to unscrew.

17suburbanpremier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2017 Suburban with 100k miles and just ordered the Arnott strut and coil assembly from shock warehouse to replace my magnaride; based on what I have read here, I have a high level of confidence this will be a nice fit; I have the following questions:

1. on a lift, how long should this install take me
2. do I need to replace anything else
3. will I need to get the truck aligned?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Richard

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2017 Suburban with 100k miles and just ordered the Arnott strut and coil assembly from shock warehouse to replace my magnaride; based on what I have read here, I have a high level of confidence this will be a nice fit; I have the following questions:

Richard
Depending on skill/tools, could take just a few hours…could take a few days

It will need an alignment if there is any height difference at all.

70cutlass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Richard

It took me about 3 hours to replace all 4 and install belltech lowering kit on the rear. Did it in my driveway with jack and jack stands.
Front has lowering springs installed on Arnott shocks.

Don't need anything else.

Mine drove fine, but I still got it aligned.

Not much to it. Front - unbolt the sway bar links, disconnect the sensor wire, 3 bolts on top, 2 on the bottom. Wrestle the strut assembly out, install new one, bolt it all back up. I reused the factory hardware on the front. (bolts, nuts and the clip nuts).

Rear - support the rear axle, unplug the air line and sensor, 1 bolt on top, 1 on the bottom. You might find it easier to access the top bolt if you remove the wheel liner, I didn't remove it.

IMG_8790.jpeg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Richard
If your 2017 is anything like my 2013, it took me about 1hr per side on jack stands in my driveway. That included swapping springs.

I would strongly recommend you get it aligned afterwards.

17_EmeraldDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Richard
Thank you for sharing where you ordered these from. I couldn’t find any place locally that had them besides one NAPA store…and they only had one. Plus the price of these assemblies are far cheaper on shock warehouse than they are at any supplier I tried to order from.

17_EmeraldDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Richard
Also, how long did it take for you to receive your strut assembly’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts