Arnott or ebay for the rear air shocks? Any experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjeick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
normally anytime you turn the key to run the pump should first release air briefly like for a second then it should kick on and pump the system, it should do this anytime the key is turned to run.

I installed my new compressor on Wednesday. It does not seem like the airbags filled up when I turned the key to on. Maybe I didn’t get the electrical connector in all the way? There’s only so many components in the system lol. At this point it would have to be a fuse or relay right?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed my new compressor on Wednesday. It does not seem like the airbags filled up when I turned the key to on. Maybe I didn’t get the electrical connector in all the way? There’s only so many components in the system lol. At this point it would have to be a fuse or relay right?
what pump did you get? new pumps can be sort of quiet I can still hear mine with the door open, if you turn the key to run and stand by the rear drivers wheel you should be able to hear it and see the rear end lift about an inch or so, you can also feel the air bladder on the shocks if you squeeze them they should have some firmness, you can also pull the air hose off and see if it release some air. If the pump is not coming on at all I would check the connectors on the rear harness for corrosion.

tjeick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what pump did you get? new pumps can be sort of quiet I can still hear mine with the door open, if you turn the key to run and stand by the rear drivers wheel you should be able to hear it and see the rear end lift about an inch or so, you can also feel the air bladder on the shocks if you squeeze them they should have some firmness, you can also pull the air hose off and see if it release some air. If the pump is not coming on at all I would check the connectors on the rear harness for corrosion.

I got the arnott. I believe the only noise I’m hearing is the fuel pump. The bags do not fill up, I rolled under and checked. I’ll check some wiring and fuses tomorrow.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the arnott. I believe the only noise I’m hearing is the fuel pump. The bags do not fill up, I rolled under and checked. I’ll check some wiring and fuses tomorrow.
they should have included a new relay, did you change that out?

tjeick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
they should have included a new relay, did you change that out?

I did not see a relay in the box with the compressor, I double checked as soon as I got home as well.

I went to that plug to check it out. With key on, I have voltage on 85 and ground on 87. The test in the video is supposed to connect 87 and 30 right? I’m guessing the compressor is ground switched via that relay. Anyway that test did not work so I am thinking that connection is broken somewhere? Hard to see the plug, and I’m not sure what I can do if it is corroded. I guess buy a pigtail and replace it?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not see a relay in the box with the compressor, I double checked as soon as I got home as well.

I went to that plug to check it out. With key on, I have voltage on 85 and ground on 87. The test in the video is supposed to connect 87 and 30 right? I’m guessing the compressor is ground switched via that relay. Anyway that test did not work so I am thinking that connection is broken somewhere? Hard to see the plug, and I’m not sure what I can do if it is corroded. I guess buy a pigtail and replace it?
I haven't ran into that problem, I would check the relay in front and any fuses, maybe take some kind of a small wire brush to that rear connector and at least get the tips, things don't rust much out here in California unless you live on the beach

OP
OP
M

Malik112099

Reaction score
Finished replacing everything a few minutes ago. Worked perfectly on first start. I feel lucky and tired.

0729FCDD-1DC9-4898-9C04-884E73431131.jpeg BBF3F40C-5177-4151-8B87-8B1E3F31D224.jpeg CD4D3B1E-1597-4A5D-AFCE-343C8C7F3262.jpeg 8949AA77-AD0C-4ED2-9904-6101109A7477.jpeg E974150F-5805-4A26-B532-388659F11F95.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094