Arnot shox...Getting higher?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pm me ill tell you how to fix it ive dealt with this before.

no this is a $15 dollar mod ive been doing for years on local guys trucks who want to save money and lower up to 2 inches more on stock shocks.

I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, but when searching the forum for topics related to my current issue I stumbled upon it.

I happened to be browsing the eBay store of a place that wholesales unclaimed lost freight/packages recently and came across a new in box Suncore 151G-31-F kit (new front passive strut assemblies and resistors) for SUPER cheap. Since my Yukon Denali probably still had the original 200k front struts on it, I figured I'd throw the Suncore kit on for now until down the road when I'd put full OEM stuff back on it.

Now, post install it rides good, drives fine, etc, however the front end is sitting noticeably higher now. 1-2 inches, just like pmexpert was mentioning he experienced with the Arnott's.

I was contemplating pulling the strut assemblies back off, disassembling them and replacing the springs with my OEM springs from the OEM assemblies I removed, but @NORCAL SS if you have or know of an easy "$15 mod" to drop the front back down a little, I'd love to hear.

Thanks in advance..

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, but when searching the forum for topics related to my current issue I stumbled upon it.

I happened to be browsing the eBay store of a place that wholesales unclaimed lost freight/packages recently and came across a new in box Suncore 151G-31-F kit (new front passive strut assemblies and resistors) for SUPER cheap. Since my Yukon Denali probably still had the original 200k front struts on it, I figured I'd throw the Suncore kit on for now until down the road when I'd put full OEM stuff back on it.

Now, post install it rides good, drives fine, etc, however the front end is sitting noticeably higher now. 1-2 inches, just like pmexpert was mentioning he experienced with the Arnott's.

I was contemplating pulling the strut assemblies back off, disassembling them and replacing the springs with my OEM springs from the OEM assemblies I removed, but @NORCAL SS if you have or know of an easy "$15 mod" to drop the front back down a little, I'd love to hear.

Thanks in advance..

I believe he is referring to cutting a new grove on the shock/strut body to lower the spring perch. It essentially makes them like the Belltech struts.

The only problem is you would have to send them to him to have it done which is probably cost/time prohibitive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972