Armor All for Dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Armor all comes in different flavors, the product I used wasn't shiny at all. I am sure there are better products out nowadays as I haven't really had time to detail for years.

OP
OP
J

JWBGMC

Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as nobody touches it, the dust makes an even coat so you can't really tell it's dusty and it just looks like a velveteen coating. It'll get cleaned at least once a year cuz the guy replacing the inspection sticker always touches it and messes up the finish. Then I have to briskly dust off the whole dash with my hand while blowing on it. Then I'm good for another year. Free and kustom, yo.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the product i use certainly doesnt do anything for shine or luster. but it picks up the dust and grime, and thats what i want.
I bought one of the huge cases of costco baby wipes. I keep one in my bag of crap in the back. as long as its not winter when they freeze. they clean up just about everything. from what i can tell dont leave a film, and they are way cheaper than anything else i have tried besides soap and water.
Is there alcohol in them? Best not to use any alcohol-based products on your dash.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No alcohol in them.
In me, different story.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since reading this thread I realized I haven’t put any products on my escalade since I bought it a few weeks ago. I used a soft microfiber applicator pad. Sprayed it with 303 and applied it, rubbing it till it was very even, and it left a very clean dry finish. The leather on the dash went from dull to a nice dark black finish. Doesn’t feel greasy either. Applied it to my seats too

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Second Chemical Guys. I use Inner Clean often. Works wonders.

For heavy-duty cleaning I also use Lexol Vinylex. I like Vinylex on exterior trim, inlcluding tires.

They are both great products. Have fun!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Chemical Guys Silk Shine for all the rubber, vinyl and plastic inside and out including under the hood. Restores, protects and isn't greasy or shiny. Leaves a matte finish. Lasts for weeks.