Are we allowed to talk about shop quotes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these set up like the NBS where you just unbolt the 6 bolts on the diff side, slide it over, and out of the hub? Or did they change it?

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these set up like the NBS where you just unbolt the 6 bolts on the diff side, slide it over, and out of the hub? Or did they change it?
I just looked at the cv axles on rock auto. They look like they would just be the 6 bolts and axle nut and should slide out. If not once I pop one of the ball joints it should give me much more room to remove it

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 bolts yup. I think the nut on the hub end is 35 or 36 mm.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The newer trucks have “coilover” shock assemblies in the front which are in the way of the axle just sliding out after unbolting it from the axle. Taking the shock assembly out does make the upper control arms much easier so it may be worth it to just pull the shocks out, especially if you’re doing it on the ground.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
As for the Taillights, you could always do the Cadi Big Brake Light Upgrade..

The smoked set would look awesome on your truck..

Just a heads up, when I ordered a set of the "Smoked" ones last year it came with really cheap Matte textured tint on them that looked and felt like shit. I returned them and bought the clear version and then tinted them myself with proper vinyl tint. That was a year ago tho, not sure if they are still doing the same procedure.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There use to be a company that fixed the tail lights, you may want to Google it. Not a big fan of the caddy tails lights but its personal preference.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There use to be a company that fixed the tail lights, you may want to Google it. Not a big fan of the caddy tails lights but its personal preference.
They’re all over eBay for under $100 service. But YouTube also shows you where the bad spots are on the LED board… I soldered one of them a few months ago. But apparently the 2nd bad spot also failed. I should of hit both spots the first time. They’re fixed now. I should of updated. I’m also just gonna do the suspension work myself. Priced way too high

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14