Are they even building diesels??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigWedWig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Placed an order between Xmas and New Years and I’m still at 1100. I’ve been the number 2 allocation at John Elway in Denver since May and have not moved. It’s a loaded High Country but I’m about to move to a jeep. Frustration = 10/10

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Just gotta keep on top of your dealer and ask them when an allocation comes up for a diesel that could be spent on you, to review your order to see if any other constraints might be holding it back from being placed at that time. Then adjust according.

For my '22, one high volume dealer never even got my denali diesel allocated. The other dealer i placed with took 9 months til they got allocation and i took possession of it 10 months after ordering.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s because they are mostly going to Sierra’s and Silverado’s.
it’s been over a year and I have yet to run into to another Tahoe/Yukon owner that has a Duramax in their vehicle.

OP
OP
B

BigWedWig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s because they are mostly going to Sierra’s and Silverado’s.
it’s been over a year and I have yet to run into to another Tahoe/Yukon owner that has a Duramax in their vehicle.
Well, I don’t understand the whole LM2 to LZ0 conversion in the Sierras. I figured there would be LM2’s available since the Sierras are now getting the “improved” diesels. I guess all of the engine plant production capacity is going to building the new engine.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the MAIN parts are common, but I bet the lions share of final assy will go to LZ0. They build one or the other, but most likely not simultaneously…..

z0lt3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took over a cancelled order for an in-transit Tahoe Premier Duramax. Took delivery 9/28 after only a two weeks wait.

I paid $3000 over and if I didn't take it, the next guy they called would have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts