Are extended warranties worth buying?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orchidcrazy

Reaction score
This is copied from another GM forum. They sell 2 warranties; one is GMEPP and that is what I bought for my '16 Yukon. Be forewarned some states only sell warranties up to 100K miles (the PA dealer below told me that about his), some states can tack on warranty so it goes above 100K. I inquired on price from all 3 below as well as www.gmeppdirectsmith.com and www.knappvehicleservicecontracts.com and bought mine from the MT dealer who was the one I kept reading about on a few other forums as well. Ken was great to deal with! I never heard back from the AZ dealer. Bought in December, know from previous inquiries that pricing was a bit better in November. Warranties are a crap shoot but with the electronics on these cars, it takes little to add up to a BIG bill. I know from my Jeep with Hemi that was in for engine problems every oil change, my warranty paid off many, many times over.

The new warranty is called GMEPP (GM Extended Protection Plan). This is what all the dealers are switching to this year. Give this guy's a call. If buying from outside thier states, you don't pay tax either. Keep in mind that you can not buy an extended warranty outside the state if you live in MD or FL.

David Andrews

Bradley Chevrolet

Parker, AZ

928.669.2228 O

909.559.9636 C

[email protected]

Ken Fitchner

Denny Menholt Chevrolet

Billings, MT

[email protected]

(406) 896-3088 (Direct)

Allen Black

James E. Black Cadillac

Edensburg, PA

[email protected]

814-472-9550, ext 302

orchidcrazy

Reaction score
Price goes by miles on your current vehicle, length of warranty and miles. I had 31K miles, got additional 7 years, additional 100K miles for 2800. My last Yukon (XL) I kept for 11 years and put 200K miles on it - hoping for the same... :)

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be a common problem. On mine the led's were out so the whole assembly had to be replaced. You'd think with the technology in these things that something would've popped up on dash letting me know something was out, but as far as I know nothing ever did. Didn't know it was out until I had to follow my spouse driving it.
My Dad’s 77 Volvo 240 had an indicator light to say a bulb was burned out.