Apple CarPlay ringer too loud!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajmalian

Reaction score
So…I’ve been having this issue where my 1 yr old falls asleep in his car seat and I wanna keep things quiet in the car, however whenever a phone call comes through, it is just super loud and the poor guy wakes up all startled.
Is there anyway that only call notification would appear on the screen but the phone doesn’t actually ring on the speakers? Even when my phone is on silent, Apple CarPlay sets off the speakers loud.
At least this way I can take the call on my airpods, still have google maps/waze running on the screen and not have to wake up the little man…

I hope someone here has a solution

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While it’s ringing you should be able turn the volume down using the knob on the infotainment system itself which should then be the ring-only volume that’s being adjusted.

I run into the same issue with navigation apps through CarPlay. If I want to hear the navigation prompts louder I’ll turn turn the knob while the turn prompt is playing it and will show “voice prompts” or something on the screen so it knows to only adjust the volume of those types of prompts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts