Apple CarPlay navigation question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 so my truck doesn’t have CarPlay. I use the integrated nav in the dash from Chevy.

I am thinking about upgrading the truck to CarPlay and had a question about when you use the navigation app on carplay(say Apple Maps). Does the truck still show you the reminders to turn soon and so forth in the interment cluster panel(right in front of the steering wheel, that screen there) or do you lose that feature when using CarPlay for nav?

Thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
might depend on your trim level the digital cluster may operate different than the standard cluster, that being said I have never tried to set mine to be on the cluster while navigating because it tells me by voice or I can just as easily glance at the headunit as I can the "smaller" cluster screen.

OP
OP
ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have the LTZ and the center cluster for nav shows the next turn and distance to next turn. Things like that. That’s using the OEM nav just wondering if the CarPlay shows up like that as well.

As far as setting the digital cluster to nav even if it’s not on nav and a turn comes up the cluster will switch to a nav screen. Then after you make a turn it will go back to whatever screen you had before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic