Apple CarPlay Issues w/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drmoose

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with Apple CarPlay and the 2022 models (android). I have not seen it mentioned here, but came across this yesterday on an Apple forum:

I am getting my replacement '22 Sub in a few weeks and just curious if this is going t be a problem (along with the remote start). I gotta say that will be a bit of a disappointment, since that is one thing on this car that did work nicely ...

Seems like the Android system is a step back - someone mentioned in another thread about having to see the screen wrapped with Google all the time (?)

jimgeb

Reaction score
My 2022 Premier hasn't had any problems yet with Apple CarPlay whether using Bluetooth connection or plugged in.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '22 At4 does disconnect a call when you're using carplay and a new call comes in. Doesnt give you any warning, just drops the existing call.

One of about a half dozen software quirks with the '22s. All could seemingly be fixed with OTA updates. Makes me wonder how much feedback GM is getting and how much effort they are putting into the software fix.

Software bugs on '22s -- any others out there?

1) Won't start after remote start (Supposedly a BCM conflict - GM put out a dealer bulletin in December but so far no fix)

2) Carplay drops phone calls when second call comes in (GM issue rather than Apple)

3) HUD wont retain speed sign settings

4) Radio presets randomly move or delete themselves

5) Digital dash crashes (also supposedly a BCM conflict issue and GM is aware)

6) Rear Seat Entertainment apps -- some folks have them and they work, some have them and they don't work, some don't have them.

7) Disable lockout prompt--- ok this ones not a bug but wish they would update this away. If anyone has had the passenger get in first you can see the prompt doesnt pop up like that - it just becomes a notification you can click on

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lack of valet mode to lock sliding center console

And, maybe more of a “feature” than a bug. But ability to associate an infotainment user profile with the driver 1 and driver 2, such that when driver 1 gets in, his/her infotainment profile is loaded and when driver 2 gets in his/her profile is loaded…

Dayzoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve had my Yukon for a month now.
For the first 10 days CarPlay worked great. Then it didn’t. I’m unable to connect using CarPlay. I tried to use a cable to connect but nothing.
I called Onstar and they wouldn’t help because they said it wasn’t in their scope to repair CarPlay issues.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my Yukon for a month now.
For the first 10 days CarPlay worked great. Then it didn’t. I’m unable to connect using CarPlay. I tried to use a cable to connect but nothing.
I called Onstar and they wouldn’t help because they said it wasn’t in their scope to repair CarPlay issues.
Dumb question…I assume you restarted your phone? I agree it’s quirky sometimes…there are occasions where mine won’t connect either. Usually a restart of the car or phone will bring it back for me

mikelakos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi ,

I have a 2022 Yukon Denali. main issue I have is connectivity. Offline maps on google maps wont load( so the speed limit on the dash wont show as well) . it keeps saying that i need a data plan. That i have with OnStar and even connecting my mobile data. Even at home when i connect it to the home wifi same issue.
Any solution on that. >??? I have called Onstar , i have taken it to the dealer...but nothing

Dayzoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi ,

I have a 2022 Yukon Denali. main issue I have is connectivity. Offline maps on google maps wont load( so the speed limit on the dash wont show as well) . it keeps saying that i need a data plan. That i have with OnStar and even connecting my mobile data. Even at home when i connect it to the home wifi same issue.
Any solution on that. >??? I have called Onstar , i have taken it to the dealer...but nothing
YES! Just had mine at the dealer for same reason- picked it up an hour ago. Basically, yes you MUST have a data plan for google maps, or wireless carplay. Ridiculous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9