Anyway to turn off V8/V4 "AFM"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it would, but that sure wont help your fuel mileage...

~the Captain

True, but isnt that the whole point of the 4 cylinder mode? If he is willing to shut it off, im sure he is willing to reduce his milage.

Bigpuddie

Reaction score
True, but isnt that the whole point of the 4 cylinder mode? If he is willing to shut it off, im sure he is willing to reduce his milage.
Actually, from my experience with my tuner and MIT tube, my mileage did not drop at all after turning off AFM...

~the Captain

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also recomends blackbear. Don't even need the autocal. Do the mail order tune or even better, drive for one of their in person tune events. Fast, and definitely the best people. They are pros who know these trucks inside and out. 5 star service. No other tuner will treat you as good as blackbear. They even helped me solve a problem that plagued my denali for months and the dealers couldn't even figure it out with their fancy tech 2. And it took them 1 look at my data logs to do it. Can't recomends them enough

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Range device doesn't reprogram anything. You can pull it out and it goes right back to AFM. No dancing with the dealership. I bought one. It worked but I returned it. I just didn't care enough about the V4 mode (I like it on highways, get much better mileage) to pay hundreds to disable it.

JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question regarding this feature...
What vehicle has it ? I have 16 SLT and I haven't noticed anything on V4V8.
On my 07 Yukon I had that monitor on front. It would tell you it you are v4 or v8.

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question regarding this feature...
What vehicle has it ? I have 16 SLT and I haven't noticed anything on V4V8.
On my 07 Yukon I had that monitor on front. It would tell you it you are v4 or v8.

You have it. It's on Trip A or B on you gauge cluster info center, bottom right. In D or M6, it will switch between V8 & V4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC