Anyone with a Tech 2 in Houston?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D29842

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hope you're able to get it done before setting sail. Learned about that from reading these forum pages. If a guy can pull one out of the junkyard, with the same options, it does not need programming. The new ones come knowing nothing and need to know how you're vehicle is optioned. There's a number of things that run through them.

The driver's side in my NBS z71 Tahoe will need to be replaced soon. Am I going to run into this issue or are the NBS all just pnp?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The driver's side in my NBS z71 Tahoe will need to be replaced soon. Am I going to run into this issue or are the NBS all just pnp?

Not certain but I believe yours is plug-n-play.

Since its TEXAS related, I need to find someone in the Dallas area with a Tech 2 scanner to pinpoint my brake issues.

I think someone from the DFW area recently purchased one, search the forum and you'll find him or get one for yourself.

B2sdad

Reaction score
Not certain but I believe yours is plug-n-play.

I think someone from the DFW area recently purchased one, search the forum and you'll find him or get one for yourself.

Right, that was the purpose of my post, hoping that a local DFW guy would see it and say here I am...! Then hopefully we would be able to connect and get to work. Houston is a little bit of a drive for mechanical work as far as Im concerned, but as far as fishing goes Galveston isn't far at all!

Slurpglass

Reaction score
Just saw this. I’m in Houston and have messed with mine a bunch. New switch, new regulator, turned out it was a faulty wire that needed to be secured in a specific way to avoid the interior door panel from grounding it out when reinstalled. Let me know if you’re still having problems, as I’m sure I could pinpoint it. I work in Conroe (airport) but live on the westside of houston, so I’m around town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy a used switch, I don't believe you need to have it programmed. I installed power folding mirrors with a used driver and passenger switches from a LTZ and they were plug and play. No programming needed!

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Just saw this. I’m in Houston and have messed with mine a bunch. New switch, new regulator, turned out it was a faulty wire that needed to be secured in a specific way to avoid the interior door panel from grounding it out when reinstalled. Let me know if you’re still having problems, as I’m sure I could pinpoint it. I work in Conroe (airport) but live on the westside of houston, so I’m around town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert, what side of town do you stay? I would like to scan my NBS, I keep getting the stability icon on the dash. I've already replace several items and it has not gone away.