Anyone tried GTR Ultra 2 LEDs in 2015+ Tahoe/Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eidens13

Reaction score
04B9A2E7-DE22-4A6F-9452-F3DA70CD457A.jpeg
This is in the parking lot at work. The fogs are also on Xenon Depot from Headlihht Revolution with the DIY Kit from Gen5DIY

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look really good.

(I have a ‘15 Yukon Denali with factory HID’s upgraded with OSRAM CBI Bulbs so no skin in this game here...)

However, I will say of all the photos posted of Yukon/Tahoe owners with factory projectors and halogen bulbs that swap to LED/HID bulb set ups the factory projectors seem to work really well with these bulb swap/upgrades.

I’m convinced GM probably used the same projector housing and lenses in the OEM headlights whether they were for HID or Halogen bulb set ups, only changing the bulb/socket connection. Pictures like these posted and the confirmed fact there are far better OEM HID projectors out there than those in our K2XX SUV’s with factory HID’s.

Eidens13

Reaction score
Like I said before I’m very happy with them and it’s just plug and play. They are better then the Black Flame HID set I had on my 2008 Yukon.

PJDYukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed these in the 2016 Yukon... I've been very pleased, until my wife and I swapped vehicles and I was driving in front of her. There are dark spots in the beam that appear to be from the shape of the bulb. I was able to catch a picture at a stop light:

20200619_211056.jpg ... anyone else notice this? It's on both driver and passenger sides.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look really good.

(I have a ‘15 Yukon Denali with factory HID’s upgraded with OSRAM CBI Bulbs so no skin in this game here...)

However, I will say of all the photos posted of Yukon/Tahoe owners with factory projectors and halogen bulbs that swap to LED/HID bulb set ups the factory projectors seem to work really well with these bulb swap/upgrades.

I’m convinced GM probably used the same projector housing and lenses in the OEM headlights whether they were for HID or Halogen bulb set ups, only changing the bulb/socket connection. Pictures like these posted and the confirmed fact there are far better OEM HID projectors out there than those in our K2XX SUV’s with factory HID’s.

Do you get a nice bright white with these? I have LED fogs and high beams. Accidentally bought h11 replacements for my low beams because I didn’t know they were HIDs. Now I’m having trouble finding leds to replace my HIDs. The slight off white/yellow tint really kills me lol

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you get a nice bright white with these? I have LED fogs and high beams. Accidentally bought h11 replacements for my low beams because I didn’t know they were HIDs. Now I’m having trouble finding leds to replace my HIDs. The slight off white/yellow tint really kills me lol

The short answer to your question is yes.

Here’s a good thread for you to read on “upgrading your HID headlights to LED.”

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2017-yukon-denali-head-lights-are-terrible.115485/

There’s a photo I posted on page 3 of that thread that will give you a visual comparison of the OSRAM CBI bulbs to the stock Denali HID bulbs.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The short answer to your question is yes.

Here’s a good thread for you to read on “upgrading your HID headlights to LED.”

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2017-yukon-denali-head-lights-are-terrible.115485/

There’s a photo I posted on page 3 of that thread that will give you a visual comparison of the OSRAM CBI bulbs to the stock Denali HID bulbs.

I appreciate the link. They look great. Probably the closest thing I’ll get to the white that I’m looking for.

also very informative about the factory projectors.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update... don’t buy the amazon ones... lasted about 20 seconds before burning out. Guess I’ll save up for some nicer ones.

DeltaKilo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you installed these bulbs (or any LED really), is there any concern about water getting in the housing since you have to leave the back cover off that was a water tight seal before?