Anyone seen a BDS 4" on 2015+ Yukon XL or Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001 TX Tahoe

Reaction score
The tires are a 295/79r18 COOPER STT PRO. Front fender measurement: 41-1/2", Rear fender 42". The ride is great, angles are flat. 1.5" bora wheel spacers were ordered the week before last, I hope they are getting close.

The lift actually measures around 5" from LCA bolt to New LCA bolt. Like mentioned above, you could very easily run a strut spacer up front.

My understanding is the 4" and 6" are very similar with some of the same components but the 6" has longer struts up front, replacement coils out back with a few additional components to address suspension linkage in the rear.

Over the years I have had several lifted half tons lifted 6"+, regeared, running 37's, with my last truck being a 2500HD LML duramax running a rancho 4" on 37"s. So for the first time in my life I was attempting to run a smaller lift but still functional with a good ride and I am 100% satisfied with the BDS so far.

I would like to stick with a 4" lift if possible on my 16 Yukon but still run a 35" tire. Do you think a 35x12.5R18 would work with what you have, or do you think the tire would be too wide? I'd prefer not to go up to a 6" kit.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I would like to stick with a 4" lift if possible on my 16 Yukon but still run a 35" tire. Do you think a 35x12.5R18 would work with what you have, or do you think the tire would be too wide? I'd prefer not to go up to a 6" kit.

Nope won't fit 35s. The increased track width up front causes issues when trying to clear the larger tire

cbraga

Reaction score
The tires are a 295/79r18 COOPER STT PRO. Front fender measurement: 41-1/2", Rear fender 42". The ride is great, angles are flat. 1.5" bora wheel spacers were ordered the week before last, I hope they are getting close.

The lift actually measures around 5" from LCA bolt to New LCA bolt. Like mentioned above, you could very easily run a strut spacer up front.

My understanding is the 4" and 6" are very similar with some of the same components but the 6" has longer struts up front, replacement coils out back with a few additional components to address suspension linkage in the rear.

Over the years I have had several lifted half tons lifted 6"+, regeared, running 37's, with my last truck being a 2500HD LML duramax running a rancho 4" on 37"s. So for the first time in my life I was attempting to run a smaller lift but still functional with a good ride and I am 100% satisfied with the BDS so far.

How’s everything been with this kit? I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on this or the Fabtech 4”. Wife’s ride so don’t want it too high, thinking this kit is perfect height. I have a bds 6” on my 2500, quality stuff

OP
OP
Suburban13

Suburban13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve been running it for almost a year about 15k Miles. And like it a lot. Running 35s

sanman28

Reaction score
How tall is this truck? Exact look im going for.....just dunno if it will fit in my garage. My leveled 2500hd on 75’s would barely clear.

AH64Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know its old but I just found this thread. I keep hearing about different suspensions on these trucks (autolevel?), how do I know what mine has? It's a 2017 Yukon XL SLT 4x4 ..also any other cheaper (but quality) lift kits or other options available to get this amount of lift? This truck looks awesome if love to get the same look .

Bryingram4

Reaction score
View attachment 80335 View attachment 80334 View attachment 80333 Well. I couldn't find anyone anywhere running a 4" BDS so I went out on a limb and ordered one and installed it a week ago.

2017 Yukon XL SLE 4WD

It turned out nice. Excellent build quality and fitment. The front is basically the bds standard 4" box kit. I'm running the bds 2" coil spacers in the rear, rough country shock relocation brackets from their previous generation SUV 3.5" kit to address and maintain the auto level shocks, and I made new linkages for the auto level sensors in the rear.
Could you please explain what you did for the new linkage for auto level and please take a few pictures?? I need to do this on my Yukon and would really appreciate your help. Thank you!!!

Bryingram4

Reaction score
Could you please explain what you did for the new linkage for auto level and please take a few pictures?? I need to do this on my Yukon and would really appreciate your help. Thank you!!!
Repost. Can you please explain & send a photo of the new rear auto-level link? Thank you very much!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warzilla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there, I just put this 4inch BDS kit on my 2013 Suburban. I had the same questions about the GM suspension on the rear of my vehicle as there are several versions. Auto Leveling rear shocks are different the the GM Autoride suspension. Autoride is a no-go with this BDS kit. The auto leveling shocks on the other hand can be replaced with the shocks included in the kit. From what I’ve researched this holds true for Suburbans and Yukon XL’s. Here is a link describing the different GM suspensions: https://www.suncoreindustries.com/product/21011/identifying-and-diagnosing-z55-autoride-suspensions. You can locate your vehicles RPO code in the glovebox. Mine was a ZW7. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal