Anyone paint-match their Z71 plastic fender flares & cladding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBScenity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I found a couple example pics online, but wondering if anyone has had success painting their OEM Z71 flares and the ugly gray cladding?

I've got a black '05 Z71 and I'm debating blacking out all the trim. Wondering if anyone has a recommendation on paint type/treatment for painting the plastic. Would plasti-dip work?

Thanks!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I think I found a couple example pics online, but wondering if anyone has had success painting their OEM Z71 flares and the ugly gray cladding?

I've got a black '05 Z71 and I'm debating blacking out all the trim. Wondering if anyone has a recommendation on paint type/treatment for painting the plastic. Would plasti-dip work?

Thanks!

Post the pics you're talking about? The z71 flares are factory painted. You looking to change the color to match whatever you use on the cladding? Interesting idea.

In terms of painting the plastic....
Yes, plastidip would work. Guys have used different types of bedliner with some success. @Rocket Man says Krylon Fusion works well on plastics. SEM makes great products as well. An adhesion promoter would probably help, too.

OP
OP
O

OBScenity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hmm...It appears that only the factory black Z71's didn't come with painted fender flares - they're an ugly dark gray plastic, darker than the cladding along the bottom. Well on the bright side that means Chevy was able to paint them, so I should be able to too!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hmm...It appears that only the factory black Z71's didn't come with painted fender flares - they're an ugly dark gray plastic, darker than the cladding along the bottom. Well on the bright side that means Chevy was able to paint them, so I should be able to too!

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. They're a bit textured, right? Like the bottom of the mirrors? What about the front bumper cap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons

Latest posts