Anyone own a Yukon and Durango?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 GC Overland and new Suburban Premier. While the GC isn't exactly the same (much better looking inside and out IMO) it's served us very well. So well we have had 3 in the past few years. The interior is definitely a step up from the Premier/Denali even though the GM suvs are newer they look and feel older.

Btw, SRT became its own division in 2013 and dropped the "8" from SRT in 2014 so now it's ony SRT. No 8 lol

I personally never liked the Durango but I guess if you absolutely had to have a third row then it would be a decent choice for the price point.

dtom05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had 2 durango's, a 2013 citadel v6 and a 2015 rt. While I think that the rangos are a great value, as they had a lot of the same features as my denali for $30,000 less, the build quality just wasn't there. Had major strange noise issues with the 2013, and a few small issues with the 2015 (both kept for about 35,000 miles). The 2015 I loved for power, transmission, and was simply badass looking (silver w/black appearance) and honestly the only reason I traded for the denali was the fact we had our 4th kid. The Durango just doesn't have enough room! Now, that being said, I do like the denali though feel it is way overpriced. I have a 2013 ram limited that was $45,000 that has more(saddle quality) leather in one seat, and door panel, than the $70,000 denali has in the whole vehicle! I had to have the 6.2 though to satisfy what the Durango could do, which was why I went used, and a denali (2016-14,000 miles, $61,000)

Protect1989

Reaction score
I own a '15 Overland Grand Cherokee (my fourth GC overall). I have driven the durango on numerous occasions. I find my GC interior to be very nice but a lot of hard plastics everywhere. I view the durango as a lesser version interior of the GC. Ton of molded plastic everywhere.

The SRT in the Durango will be a ton of fun, but I think the Yukon interior is far nicer in terms of materials and especially quietness. The Yukon with the 6.2 would be my choice over a SRT durango.

2015Denali4WD

Reaction score
I'm getting rid of my 16 Yukon Denali its been giving me problems since day 1 I'm trading it in for an 2018/19 Dodge Durango SRT the hell with GMC I'm Team Dodge now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting rid of my 16 Yukon Denali its been giving me problems since day 1 I'm trading it in for an 2018/19 Dodge Durango SRT the hell. Team Dodge now.
I can't comment on the Durango SRT, but have to say the Cherokee is amazing! I had my Denali for a month after purchasing my '15 SRT and going back and forth was like night and day. The Denali definitely kills it with space.
But the SRT has everything else. I towed our boat with it to the bay over Labor Day. No problems at all. If anything it was better due to the larger brakes and more hp. I also found myself cornering faster with the SRT because it had more stability in tow mode than the Denali. Shocker, I know.
The 6.4 and 8 speed is perfectly matched and make sure you get the Harmon Kardon stereo. Most amazing thing I have ever heard.
(hopefully I won't get banned for just saying all this) :(

2015Denali4WD

Reaction score
I can't comment on the Durango SRT, but have to say the Cherokee is amazing! I had my Denali for a month after purchasing my '15 SRT and going back and forth was like night and day. The Denali definitely kills it with space.
But the SRT has everything else. I towed our boat with it to the bay over Labor Day. No problems at all. If anything it was better due to the larger brakes and more hp. I also found myself cornering faster with the SRT because it had more stability in tow mode than the Denali. Shocker, I know.
The 6.4 and 8 speed is perfectly matched and make sure you get the Harmon Kardon stereo. Most amazing thing I have ever heard.
(hopefully I won't get banned for just saying all this) :(

I can honestly say the room in my Denali definitely supersedes the Durango SRT but SRT has all the creature comforts my Denali has besides 22" factory rims which I'm not concerned with due to the ride. I'm in agreement with you on everything about the SRT. I actually like the BOSE speakers in my Denali to be honest and I've heard the HK stereo in an Dodge Charger which sounds beyond awesome.

That 6.4 with the 8 speed ZF transmission is the sweetest transmission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts