Anyone own a Yukon and Durango?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas Hennigan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Yukon Denali and a 2016 Durango R/T. I bought the Durango for my wife and took her Denali. We went to see all the top SUVs... Lexus, Benz, Acura, Infiniti. She was in the R/T for 30 seconds, and it was a done deal. The control are easy to reach and it's built to drive. I love it too, its a sports car when in Sport mode. The only drag is the stereo controls aren't on the steering wheel and it has no roof rack.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Yukon Denali and a 2016 Durango R/T. I bought the Durango for my wife and took her Denali. We went to see all the top SUVs... Lexus, Benz, Acura, Infiniti. She was in the R/T for 30 seconds, and it was a done deal. The control are easy to reach and it's built to drive. I love it too, its a sports car when in Sport mode. The only drag is the stereo controls aren't on the steering wheel and it has no roof rack.

Interesting...I can't believe the radio controls are not on the wheel? The Jeep has had this for years and is one of the best in terms of function. maybe it's and R/T thing.

Thomas Hennigan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They should be on the back of your steering wheel by the paddle shifters. If I remember correctly, volume is on the right and station toggle is on the left.

View attachment 81760

Ha. Gonna check it. That would be too funny me driving around for 10 months changing the Sirus by the knob lol. and I almost crashed it a couple times looking at the channels.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha. Gonna check it. That would be too funny me driving around for 10 months changing the Sirus by the knob lol. and I almost crashed it a couple times looking at the channels.

ha. Yep. push center button and it will change source. My most favorite and simple function is the channel up/down capability using wheel buttons. It's one function that drives me nuts that is missing with GMss setup.

unxpctd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And I can confirm that the radio controls are behind the steering wheel on the Durango's...below the paddle shifters.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind the current Durango is at the end of it's cycle. It will probably be completely redesigned for a 2018 release (as a 2019).
I had rented a 2016 Durango Limited,3.6 engine. It wasn't bad but a lot of road noise and very touchy throttle. I found the seats a little tight as so did my wife as compared to my Tahoe 2015 in the body shop,i was side swiped down the right side..Power not bad but just seemed tighter to fit in,I am 6'3" 215 lbs. wife is 5'8".I carry 3 hounds and it would be cosey for them in the back.

unxpctd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, some of those pics help convince me that a Durango may not be the best truck to tow a 7000# boat/trailer.

I don't tow with my Durango but I would tend to agree with you. Stick with a larger SUV or go with a large 4 door pickup. While I love my Durango, thats pushing the envelope on towing. I used to tow a 22 foot trailer with a 4500lb car on it and had a Dodge 1500 with the Hemi. It did very well. The Durango has the same engine (if you go with the V8) but its a smaller frame.

The 2018 Durango has a new SRT version but thats still 8600lbs max. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345