Anyone near DFW?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm in the dfw area for the summer as an intern at TCU (getting my Masters at Austin Peay in Tennessee). Anywho, I made the 11 hour drive from Kentucky to Fort Worth and needless to say... something's jacked. I'm hearing/feeling a knock in the handling an having issues with a skip. I'd really appreciate meeting up with some guys who know what they're looking for and can help me out. As a 23 year old who's dad doesn't know anything about cars, this is how I've had to learn and I would really be thankful for it. Thanks guys!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in arlington, and work in downtown fort worth. I can take a look at it if you like. Can't make any promises lol but I can try.

Do you have a better description, is it a noise? A feeling? Always makes the noise? Only when turning? Slow speed? Highway? Need more details

OP
OP
GulfCoastTahoe
Reaction score
There's a few things:

A slight rattle in the engine bay/wheel well on bumps (nothing crazy sized)
You can feel almost like a shake in the steering when turning? Hard to really describe. But it feels like something is bouncing in or around the steering column.
Getting a really rough ride on some of the streets.

Shocks, tie rods, brakes, and torsion bar crossmember all replaced in the last 3 months.

I'm right next to TCU. I could meet you somewhere or head to your part of town? I'd really appreciate the help man. I'm 23 and in graduate school so things are kinda on the skinny side so any help or advice I can get is huuuugely appreciated.

What days usually work for you? I'm free weekends and weekdays after 3 pm.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really sounds like its the intermediate steering shaft to me... But that wouldnt cause a rough ride though.

Id be happy to look it over though.

Honestly meeting me up here at work would be best. Doing a home renovation, garage build, and wife and 2 kids really makes it hard to get anything done at home lol.

I work 8-5 mon-fri. Lunch time would work best for me, anywhere between 11-1:30 ish. if not than I can work something out around 3 ish.

PM me and Ill give you my number and we can work it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518