Anyone lowered on factory Yukon 20's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the handling change and the ride with the mild drops? And how do you go about say a 2/3? I would want a very subtle change. would this give an error message? Different shocks needed in this case?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
How does the handling change and the ride with the mild drops? And how do you go about say a 2/3? I would want a very subtle change. would this give an error message? Different shocks needed in this case?

It will improve the handling a bit due to the lower center of gravity. The ride will remain unchanged for the most part.

The best option for a 2/3, IMO, is 2" spindles up front and 3" springs out back.

Spindles will maintain stock suspension geometry and be easy to align the front end VS shorter springs or struts.

It shouldn't give you any error messages as long as you keep the stock shocks in the rear.

Shock extenders might be needed in the rear to keep the stock shocks from bottoming out under load or big bumps.

The free travel mod may not be necessary with such a mild drop but it certainly wouldn't hurt anything to go ahead and do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts