Anyone look at jumping to the new platform or you waiting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Csurp

Reaction score
So far I am not a fan of the redesign looks.

Of course I initially didn't like this body style either. :)

With only 33k on the clock it is a non issue for me at this point.

I was able to get a killer deal on this truck 10/2017 and it looks like I could get now about what I paid for it new then.

All good.

wu6fiend

Reaction score
The looks of the 2021+ initially didn't appeal to me, but I'm slowly (very slowly) getting used to them. Of the three, the Tahoe is the best looking to me. Escalade is second, and Yukon last. The interiors are very nice, and I'm sure the IRS improves the ride. Nothing about the new ones, however, makes a compelling reason for me to make the switch. My 2016 only has 16K miles on it!

Ryan212

Reaction score
I love the look of the new Denali and Escalade, not a huge Tahoe fan, but the price point of a new rig, vs the great deal I got on my 17 Tahoe, would make it hard to spend more than twice the price for a new vehicle. I am also not a fan of the global B architecture and not being able to alter the new style without very expensive ECM unlocks if even possible.

Richard2017

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just curious, I'm actually thinking about selling my beast and playing with the new platform. I wouldn't mind peace and quiet for a bit lol...I've seen all the issues on the 5.3 lifters etc but I'm even looking at the diesel just for the mileage advantage. If I do the the 5.3 I may play with it a little but it won't be as violent and in your face as my Escalade. I really like the white RST packages or the Black LT's with the light interiors the Yukons are ok as well. Just curious what you guys think as well on the 2021's....
Waiting. I want to drive the actual vehicle before I decide. I want side by side choices on the dealer's lot. I want to borrow the truck for a weekend before committing to it. Glad I tried that with a 2020 Silverado 6.2L that was weaker than the 2017 Tahoe 5.3L and 2007 Silverado 6.2L that I own. It was so weak that I went to RAM 5.7L. Sorry GM, I've been loyal since my first car but....I'm double checking from now on.

Last edited:

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting until Callaway comes out with their version. I'm hoping that it's 2023 as that's when mine will pass 50K miles and be out of powertrain warranty.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont like the new suvs. To me it looks like someone slapped a set of wheels on an elephant.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a first year 2001 Yukon XL and had no problems. other than maintenance in 276K miles. I was liking the form factor of the T1XX but too many changes. Hated the lack of interior height in the K2XX but rushed to buy one before the new platform came out. Bought a 2019 Suburban z71 built in December 2018, back the the T1xx was due to ship in 2020 but they missed a year. Love the K2XX but when the issues are worked out on the T1XX may be my next. 2024

Ohannon7

Reaction score
I don't understand when something being "minivan like" became a slam against a SUV? Is it a threat against your masculinity? Minivans are some of the most space efficient vehicles offered.

For me it's the money, I cannot justify spending twice what I just paid for my 2018 w/34K on it.
I think the curved lines make it look weak, as if it’s not strong enough to support it’s own weight, pudgy.
The more square and vertically upright pillars of our 19 Yukon xl look strong to me.
I’m biased bc I like shoebox shaped vehicles though but good question imho

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the curved lines make it look weak, as if it’s not strong enough to support it’s own weight, pudgy.
The more square and vertically upright pillars of our 19 Yukon xl look strong to me.
I’m biased bc I like shoebox shaped vehicles though but good question imho
So you own a Volvo too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14