Anyone have rodent issues with their Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I thought it would have an effect - I would hang their little dead corpses on crosses around my yard - like the Romans used to do as a deterrent to keep people in line.

Its funny that you mention that. When a mouse dies from the poison in my basement, I just leave it there for a long time, just as a message to any potential remaining mice in the basement. 'Stay here, and you will end up like this one'. Of course, it drives my wife batshit crazy.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Its funny that you mention that. When a mouse dies from the poison in my basement, I just leave it there for a long time, just as a message to any potential remaining mice in the basement. 'Stay here, and you will end up like this one'. Of course, it drives my wife batshit crazy.
Must stink too.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhh, did u take a pic of my husband today? Lol he was sitting at our dining room table this morning with the sliding glass door open trying to get one of our wily gophers when it popped his head up...missed, but he said the sights must be off ....Right....

But it is all out war here. I've been known to smash gophers my cat catches with a broom or shovel when they charge her. Yes lol, they charge her, they are mean! No mercy. Oops, does PETA frequent this site? Better be good ;)
People Eating Tasty Animals? Yes, we do.

OP
OP
C

Caligirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least your mouse became visible on the outside of the car. My wife had a mouse episode where the mouse became visible WITHIN the car, as it ran up her leg and onto the seat. Needless to say, I had a mouse-hunting and eviction job, when she returned to the house.

Oh I'm so glad one didn't crawl up my leg.

We had a similar experience, though....we went for a drive to just get out of the house and 5 minutes in, out of the corner of my eye, I saw one of the mice run up the back seat so my husband stopped on the side of the highway and was taking out seats and spare tires and tossing stuff out and tossing mice and their bedding all over the side of the road and I think that anyone going by what have thought he was a crazy man haha

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least your mouse became visible on the outside of the car. My wife had a mouse episode where the mouse became visible WITHIN the car, as it ran up her leg and onto the seat. Needless to say, I had a mouse-hunting and eviction job, when she returned to the house.
Damn, hope she wasn’t driving.

Terry Hurlburt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just another piece of information. We had total a Toyota Highlander Hybrid due to mice infestation. They climbed up into the hybrid battery compartment and built a nest. Eventually the vehicle would not start. So towed it to a dealership. They called us and said get your insurance involved. They totaled the car after seeing the extent of damage.
Per the adjuster the mice like the warmth of the batteries and the switching gear. He sees it a lot.
We own two Yukon’s, 2014 and 2018 Denalis. Neither has shown signs of infestation. Using ultrasonic device, from Amazon, to keep the mice at bay. Seems to work.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We only THINK we have mice problems. Look what’s going on in Australia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989