Anyone have experience with CEIKA Big Brake Kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been looking into doing a bona fide BBK and have been looking at options as far as what's available from different manufacturers. Brembo just seems ridiculously priced at around $5k just for fronts; Wilwoods are about half as much and look like around $4k for 16" fronts and rears. I found CEIKA's website and started looking at their stuff. I really like all the options available especially the colors available for anodized calipers and hats, 4, 6 or 8 piston options, etc., and all for around the price of the Wilwoods for 16". All their reviews are 5 stars also. I've never done an aftermarket BBK before and was hoping someone can shed some light on the matter.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reading a few other forums...customer service seems off putting (cant quite say shady)

quite a few fitment issues & not able to return for credit

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw only a couple issues both relating to fitment issues utilizing stock size wheels and big rotors. Seems that there's those who think they can fit big rotors inside small wheels. From what I read the mfr. worked out the issues. One dude had to buy bigger wheels and then Ceika offered to upgrade the brake kit size at cost. I haven't found anyone who was left hanging so if you don't mind, post links. There are always those few who complain but if it's a pattern then I would worry. Like I said, links please if possible. Actual experience with the product is what I'm hoping for of course although that might not happen.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just did google searches for: review, issues, etc

dont recall finding any long term reviews posted.

honestly brakes are fairly important component... i wouldnt trust it to a chinese company, even if it is made in taiwan.

you want quality parts & pads.

this link was in my history still...
https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2142243-Ceika-Brake-Kit-Review

id say it was pad issue, but who knows

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They use stock size pads so you can buy pads from pretty much anybody. Their parts aren't manufactured in China, but Japan and Taiwan which is where 95% of the world's calipers are built. Even Brembo outsources their calipers as well as some of their other parts. I did a lot of reading last night and there seems to be 2 people who had problems and have posted all over the net about it. One was a dude who changed his mind before they were even shipped. But yes they don't offer a return unless they can't make them work which will probably keep me from buying them unless I can find someone with a Tahoe/ Yukon/ Suburban that has them installed and are happy. Too bad because they look like a great product for a decent price. I'll probably go with Willwoods.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they definitely have potential.

get them & put them through the paces in an empty lot/road. ;)

however if i were in your situation, i'd go w/ proven kits.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm spending $4k for brakes I want to be sure. They sure look nice, no doubt.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going through the forums, and hoping to not bump too many old threads. I still have to read that 182 (SO FAR), frickin pages thread about the beast, so maybe its already answered their. Curious what you went with...

I read that post from gator, and that was the ONLY post made by that account on bfc. All they did was bash, never followed up, or even posted again their.. That seems really odd/suspicious to me. Also, If I'm spending that much money on brakes and they don't fit; I don't care if i'm on the lift mid-install, I'm not going to shim them and drill them out until after I contacted the company. So I felt the need to point that out, and see if there was anything further on this topic

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided after extensive reading that their kits are too hit-and-miss for me. I didn’t want to be waiting on them to send parts or answer questions as to what to do to make them work. Seems there were plenty of people who ended up taking a long time to get those brakes to work, which might be ok for a project car or something you didn’t need back on the road right away. Which is too bad because they’re awesome looking brakes and something you don’t see every day. I went with Wilwoods 16” 6-piston fronts/ 14.25” 4-piston rears. They’re awesome and no issues installing them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01