Anyone have a source for the Front Axle Housing washer and the retainer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNWYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing the oil seal on the passenger side axle housing by removing the housing from the vehicle and found someone had been in there before. Too much gasket maker to be factory for one. First thing I notice is that the two washers under the snap clip are some how concave. Upon further inspection the inside surface of the axle shaft that couples to the CV axle had some pretty bad beat marks.

It seems to me that someone tried to beat out the axle shaft and failed. They caved in the two washers which caused the eared washer to wear into an oval. Anyway, no autoparts stores have even heard of these parts and I carried them into Oreilly and the guy had no idea.

The oil seal seemed original though and was leaking badly. Made in Brazil!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My advice to you is that you purchase those parts from the dealer. I know, you will get r-a-p-e-d on the price, but you have to balance that against your own personal time spent looking for these parts from other sources (and then hope that they are the correct replacement parts).