Anyone has a front camera setup for parking assistance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LEDFoot

Reaction score
So I'm looking to make it a little easier for the wife to park the suburban. It's easy enough to get a backup camera, along with a new headunit but does anyone have a front camera setup for parking assistance?
Not a dash-cam, but something that will help show how close (or far usually) the front of the car is away from obstacles.

I personally hate the ultrasonic beepers so I would prefer something other than that. Some newer vehicles have front, or surround cameras for parking, would be nice to set up something similar.

Blucas12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look up birds eye parking camera or 360 degree parking camera! It utilizes front rear left and right cameras to give you a view of your vehicle from on top

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up birds eye parking camera or 360 degree parking camera! It utilizes front rear left and right cameras to give you a view of your vehicle from on top
I recently rode in a co-worker's new Mercedes. That 360 degree camera is awesome.

Jeremytheboss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure about how the front camera would be set up, but the kenwood head unit I just installed has two video channels allowing for a front and backup cam. I only have a backup cam attached to it, but I’m assuming you could fabricate a back up cam into the front grill pretty easily.

SouthernDuke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I am setting up to do this right now. My pioneer has two video channels. I bought two back up cameras. I’m waiting on my ranch hand bumper to install but it will mount on a front license plate mount. I have the wiring in the cab already done just need to do the under the hood. On my head unit there is a button I hit that automatically swaps it over. The only real wiring for the way I’m doing it is to determine which circuit I want to use to turn it on. I thought about using a fuse tap to acc. on power but, and this is my only problem, this would have the camera lights on all the time. So I might run a switch that I have to manually turn on and then swap. I will post when I have I complete on how it works out.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So I am setting up to do this right now. My pioneer has two video channels. I bought two back up cameras. I’m waiting on my ranch hand bumper to install but it will mount on a front license plate mount. I have the wiring in the cab already done just need to do the under the hood. On my head unit there is a button I hit that automatically swaps it over. The only real wiring for the way I’m doing it is to determine which circuit I want to use to turn it on. I thought about using a fuse tap to acc. on power but, and this is my only problem, this would have the camera lights on all the time. So I might run a switch that I have to manually turn on and then swap. I will post when I have I complete on how it works out.

It would be slick if you could use a proximity switch to sense when you were close to something...

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking to make it a little easier for the wife to park the suburban. It's easy enough to get a backup camera, along with a new headunit but does anyone have a front camera setup for parking assistance?
Not a dash-cam, but something that will help show how close (or far usually) the front of the car is away from obstacles.

I personally hate the ultrasonic beepers so I would prefer something other than that. Some newer vehicles have front, or surround cameras for parking, would be nice to set up something similar.
really?

if one can't parallel park one should not be allowed to drive ..
funny to see people struggling to get in those vertical parking spaces too.

since there is no one in parking lots it might be a good time to learn how to operate your tahoe/suburban and learn how to park.. you should never count on technology as that stuff fails

you can set up using cones that you can buy at walmart..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy