Anyone had battery issues after 2 years?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine will sometimes sit for more than a week at a time. It's on a float charger when it's sitting in the garage. Too many d@mn electronics sucking out the power.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of replacing it with an Optima yellow top or red top. Does anyone have a model number and a suggestion as to whether I should use the yellow or the red?
I would get a odyssey if your going to drop money on decent battery. look at the reviews for optima then look at the reviews for odyssey and then make your decision

Fedexjetmx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wifes 17 Denali battery had to be replaced after only 18 months and 19k miles, local GMC dealer said they they have to warranty them all the time nowadays, I agree with Doubleleive, Optima batteries are not what they where 10 yrs ago. If I recall there are actually only about three or four actual automotive battery manufacturers still making them and for many names.
Hell my factory batteries in 08 duramax lasted 8yrs, that's pretty dam good for a diesel.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18 month old Denali croaked a battery with 6,000 miles on the odo. Edit: Either that or I had a defective battery. One cell was dead as a door nail. I got brow beat when I told the service writers the car sometimes sits for up to ten days. They said you can’t let it sit over a week. I said WTF, I can’t drive this expensive vehicle to LAX, go skiing for a week or so, and expect it to start when I get back? A Chatty Cathy cashier said they replace 18 month old batteries “all the time” and the new, smaller SUVs drain a battery easily in a week.

That said, it’s been a week since I drove the Yukon last and I put it on the charger today. It took 4.5 AH to top off the batt. That seems fine as far as parasitic drain.
aa1a1dcdc81fb70d3fdfb0b8537d34a5.jpg

Last edited:

Boatguy

Reaction score
AC Delco 48PS is 31 months old now, still going strong.

Hey. A couple years ago, I replaced the battery in my mom’s 95 Buick Regal—30k grandma miles, always garaged. It was the original battery! Now that engine always started instantly, so I think a D cell would have worked.

I shoot for 4 years for my boat’s 4 group 31 wet deep cycles.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey. A couple years ago, I replaced the battery in my mom’s 95 Buick Regal—30k grandma miles, always garaged. It was the original battery! Now that engine always started instantly, so I think a D cell would have worked.

I shoot for 4 years for my boat’s 4 group 31 wet deep cycles.

Those Buick motors were fantastic for what they were. Longest battery I ever had was the original in our '06 Pontiac that made it to 2010 (5 YRS)!

We replaced our Group 8Ds every two years on the Burpee and Island Hopper commercial boats but that was by the early 2000s and reckon battery tech might have improved some since.

rgctech

Reaction score
Battery died under 2 years 30k miles. Replaced with Duralast Platinum. So far so good.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It got cold(in the 30’s & 40’s and the Denali is giving us issues with the battery going down to where it still has charge enough to turnover, but not enough to start the 6.2. Anyone else have issues with OEM battery so soon?

What type of battery is it? Conventional or AGM?? It’s at 85%, but would like to charge with my Schumacher.
only gotta worry about the big battery pack

the 330volt pack starts the engine High SPEED start basically a 60kw starter motor :eek:
so it starts without trying the current battery is several years old.. it does nothing just as a bufferbloat nothing more.

wal-mart has a AGM battery for about 150$ 5 years warranty

engineer be like throw in a 80hp starter motor

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne