Anyone grab power from their rear view mirror for a camera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The power wire seems to hand accessories up there just fine. I’m using it to power a 12v to 5v micro USB converter for my dash cam and also send 12v to my radar detector. It’s nice to have everything automatically power up when starting up and shutting down automatically too. No loose wires anywhere either.
Note if you do decide to mount a dash cam and radar detector dump the suction cups and use the 3M Dual Lock fastener strips (Velcro on steroids). A consumer pack is only $3 at your big box hardware outlet. It gives a nice tight and clean install up high and out of the way.

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally mounted my rear dash cam and connected everything to switched power. there was an unused harness in the roof of my PPV that had a switched power wire so i tapped into that for the power. For the rear cam I used a fish tape and ran the wires straight back through the head liner. I used a self tapping screw in the overhead to get a good ground.

There was plenty of room to store all the extra cable in the ceiling.

20200704_145542.jpg 20200704_145545.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505