Anyone got barn doors and can check something for me real quick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like#25 pushes seal in place, you have the electric contacts right there too. Check that the seal around corners is attached to body well. Don't want water behind seal. Wipe entire seal with wd40 after it is clean, or wipe it twice, 1st cleans it. ( one of my 3 uses for WD40) Leave doors open in the sun a few hours, seal will dry off and swell back up to normal. I don't recommend those Li Made Chit door seals to anyone, have to urethane them in place.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Looks like#25 pushes seal in place, you have the electric contacts right there too. Check that the seal around corners is attached to body well. Don't want water behind seal. Wipe entire seal with wd40 after it is clean, or wipe it twice, 1st cleans it. ( one of my 3 uses for WD40) Leave doors open in the sun a few hours, seal will dry off and swell back up to normal. I don't recommend those Li Made Chit door seals to anyone, have to urethane them in place.
new door seal comes Sunday, when it's supposed to rain. We have the back trim out of it to see if we can figure out exactly where the water intrusion is coming plus a tarp handy if it starts leaking really good. Tim re-sealed the third brake light, I guess he messed with it when they did my roof rusting job.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Did a better water test today and guess what is leaking? Quarter glass window seal on the driver side. Got someone coming on Monday to replace. $245 installed which is way better than I expected. And it's gonna pour on Sunday so we will tarp her again.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Got the quarter glass installed today. $245 + tax wasn't bad. The guy who did it also did the windshield. He said Betty was looking good. Not only was the rubber seal lifting at the left rear lifting but water had gotten behind there and rusted out a small pinch weld seam and made a pocket for the water to go from the corner, down to that pocket and along the headliner. And you couldn't see it without the glass out and pulling the headliner down a bit. Tim installed the replacement weatherstripping and really seated it with a rubber mallet and we are good to go. And rainy season is fast approaching.

20200511_183903.jpg

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they replace this part of the window weatherstripping? Mine is distorted, I wasn’t sure if a replacement was even still available.

0061012ee804692ae9e0db82d0fa3904.jpg

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Did they replace this part of the window weatherstripping? Mine is distorted, I wasn’t sure if a replacement was even still available.

0061012ee804692ae9e0db82d0fa3904.jpg
Yes, he did. And under that near that back corner is where that void was. He filled it with silicone and smoothed it before laying down the bead for the glass. Basically right under that back bolt for the rear mount of the roof rack. You couldn't see the void without the glass out. Glad Tim was able to see where the leak was coming from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins