Anyone from Maine? Portland/Bethel Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in Maine are you headed? Girl that works for me, grew up there. I can pick her brain for some info if you want?

OP
OP
pwtr02ss

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in Maine are you headed? Girl that works for me, grew up there. I can pick her brain for some info if you want?

We are headed to portland and then to bethel for the cabin. We have been there before, mainly just wondering if theres typically snow in december lol.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She said that last year at that time there was no snow, but a year or two before there was 3-4 feet. They haven't had any rain this year, but again who knows for sure what will happen. She said the Sunday River ski resort always tries to hope for opening on Thanksgiving.

http://www.sundayriver.com/

Hope that helps a bit. Either way, stunning country you can't help but have a good time. My kids are always bugging me to see snow. Been a few years since we were able to be somewhere and build a snow man. haha

OP
OP
pwtr02ss

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Fosscore I love it there. We really enjoyed out last trip there, in September of last year. Nothing compares IMO

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maine is great. Been there during the summer for the last 3 years. From Portland to Bar Harbor. Watching the sunrise at Cadillac Mountain is a pretty special event.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Dec, it can be deep or just a dusting, hard to tell some times. The northern part got close to an inch a few days ago so you may be in luck haha.

If you really want to see the real Maine head further north, we call Portland little Boston. ;)

Coos canyon is really nice, check out their website.

OP
OP
pwtr02ss

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Drok We are staying in Bethel for the majority of our trip but will stay one night in Kennebunk or Freeport. We have some venues we are considering in Camden, Belfast, and a couple others that I can't recall at the moment, but are in that general area. I will check out your suggestion as well.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are all nice places that a lot of people come to visit. Freeport is just a 30 min drive from me and it also has some good outlet shopping in the area near ll beans.

Portland in the old port area has some good food, I haven't been in awhile so i can't suggest any 1 place. In Belfast you'll find great seafood or any of the coastal places really haha, but a lot may be closed for the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC