Anyone feel the Bilstein 4600s aren't that great?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to wonder if my bigger, heavier tire/wheel setup is to blame, though. It wasn't an issue with the stock shocks but they were "smooth ride" shocks.

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked your jounce stops? They’re an important part of the torsion bar suspension and if they’re worn out or don’t make contact with the control arm or aren’t at least real close to making contact when sitting still you will have trouble like you’re explaining. I have those shocks on my 02 and they work awesome. Also check your sway bar end links. At 192k have you replaced all the steering and suspension?
Hey mate,

You got the B6 4600? Not the B8 series? How did you get so low? By springs keys swaybars and stuff? I prolly need new shocks for MOT, can get Billstein, it's popular in Europe so they are available for my Tahoe. I'm keeping stock right first though (So B6 4600) but still curious.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey mate,

You got the B6 4600? Not the B8 series? How did you get so low? By springs keys swaybars and stuff? I prolly need new shocks for MOT, can get Billstein, it's popular in Europe so they are available for my Tahoe. I'm keeping stock right first though (So B6 4600) but still curious.
Yes I’m running the 4600’s, they’re recommended for stock or lowered vehicles. The 5200’s are recommended if you’re lifted. 8m running Belltech’s 2/4 lowering kit which uses 2” drop spindles up front and 4” rear lowering springs. Sway bars have nothing to do with lowering, only handling but I’m running DJM front and rear heavy sway bars.

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I’m running the 4600’s, they’re recommended for stock or lowered vehicles. The 5200’s are recommended if you’re lifted. 8m running Belltech’s 2/4 lowering kit which uses 2” drop spindles up front and 4” rear lowering springs. Sway bars have nothing to do with lowering, only handling but I’m running DJM front and rear heavy sway bars.
Thanks mate! Oh I understood from the Billstein website the B8 was for lowering also, I read that wrong!

And it's great the possibility remains to also lower the Tahoe if I ever want to. I actually want it lower, but I really take a lot of advantages with the stock right height, so if my dampers need replacement, it will be Bilsteins :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues