Anyone do a New gauge cluster install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m being told that this has to be programmed BEFORE installation. I’m told the dealership can’t do it. I’m told that I need to know the version of the io6 HMI and radio I installed so I know cluster time get?

what the hell is the deal? I wish people with no knowledge, or guess at the answer would just not speak. It causes so many more problems than solutions.

mid anyone has done this, what exactly did you have to do??

thanks!

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? Just for looks or did it add functionality?

Depends on the year, if you have below a 2017 or 2018 you got the very basic cluster without any additional menus. The 2018+ get the new LT-style gauge clusters with full color menu and steering wheel controls.

I'm also looking at doing the same with mine.

I would contact whiteautomedia as they do gauge cluster programming and they could help.

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only certain clusters work with certain vehicles. They need the info from the HMI to let you know what will work and what won’t. You’re looking at about $500 for eBay purchase and the. They program it, otherwise, $600 straight from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9