Anybody pick up one of the enhanced premier suburbans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 6.2 and 10 speed combo is the only reason I bought Denali over SLT. You won't regret it. The power is unbelievable in a vehicle this size. Its no race car but it gets on down the highway.

Yup, I agree 5.3 is "good enough" and nicely powered, but the 6.2 is extreme for this size truck and makes it actually fast, really fast, but totally unnecessary, unless you like to punch it all the time like I do, lol.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one. It’s exactly a Denali XL in a Suburban costume... which is why I like it. The $11,000 off msrp with Costco was also pretty rad.

I had a 2015 Denali XL so the big difference for me was 8 speed to 10 speed transmission. It’s a really nice upgrade to say the least. The 10 speed is much smoother in all instances.

10DAF555-6780-4AB9-853B-1FE3359B853A.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one. It’s exactly a Denali XL in a Suburban costume... which is why I like it. The $11,000 off msrp with Costco was also pretty rad.

I had a 2015 Denali XL so the big difference for me was 8 speed to 10 speed transmission. It’s a really nice upgrade to say the least. The 10 speed is much smoother in all instances.

View attachment 216806

I ordered that vehicle down to the color and for some reason it was never built.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered that vehicle down to the color and for some reason it was never built.

I was just looking online for the hell of it one night and saw that a dealer in the area already had the exact config I wanted on the way. I went and gave them a deposit the next day.

Did your dealer maybe have inadequate allocation or something?

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 216806

So you had a Denali XL, why do you say that you like being in "Suburban costume"? Just curious. Was the Denali too pretentious in your circles?

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just looking online for the hell of it one night and saw that a dealer in the area already had the exact config I wanted on the way. I went and gave them a deposit the next day.

Did your dealer maybe have inadequate allocation or something?

I believe it was something along those lines. I ordered a conventional premier and it got a build date of 2/4 but that was delayed as well. Premiers are on constraint

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you had a Denali XL, why do you say that you like being in "Suburban costume"? Just curious. Was the Denali too pretentious in your circles?

I’d say pretentious is not quite right but it’s on the correct track. The Denali has a certain gaudiness/flashiness about it (IMO) that makes folks around here look at you a little bit different. No one gives the Suburban a second look even though it’s the same damn thing. The really odd thing is that it has zero to do with price. These are the same folks who don’t bat an eye at a loaded MB GL SUV.

The other really odd thing is that my insurance went down when I swapped the 2015 Denali for the 2019 Suburban (which is more expensive).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel