Anybody pick up one of the enhanced premier suburbans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked into it as I too much prefer the Chevy style to the GMC Denali trim level but 93k with the 13 percent obscenity sales tax was a little too rich for me.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93k? Right now my guy has a white and black 80k sticker and they’re letting them go for 69 k and change

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. 6.2 engine with a 10 speed tranny vs 5.3 with a 6 speed tranny
It’s the same engine and tranny combo as the rst package

That’s why I’m curious. Is it worthwhile to get the premier plus package

2018 was the first year the L86 was paired with the 10-speed over the 8-speed. 2019 is a carryover year. The L83 MYC combo has been around since 2014 and is tried and true.

If you dig the extra horsepower and torque and don't mind paying for premium fuel then by all means go for it; you won't regret it.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevrolet only shows the 6.2L available when ordered with the Premier AND RST packages?

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's 93k Canadian Dollars, Yukon XL with Denali trim is 102k before the taxes.

Here in BC the tax is 15% because it is a 'luxury' vehicle.................... you don't want to know what I think of our Provincial Government screwing us on the tax..... so I will be paying more than $13,000 in TAX!!!!!

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevrolet only shows the 6.2L available when ordered with the Premier AND RST packages?

The 6.2 on the premier is a special package that compels you to take a bunch of other stuff. It’s an 11,000$ option. It was also supposed to be unique to Costco.

Last edited:

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in BC the tax is 15% because it is a 'luxury' vehicle.................... you don't want to know what I think of our Provincial Government screwing us on the tax..... so I will be paying more than $13,000 in TAX!!!!!

Just when you think you are bad off, there is always some other shumuck that is... Poor John Horgan the Gorgan he is so misunderstood.

The 6.2 on the premier is a special package that compels you to take a bunch of other stuff. It’s an 11,000$ option. It was also supported to be unique to Costco.

Both comments absolutely correct... It was Costco only and you cannot at this time on the Canadian Chevy Site Build it but it is available. I had to call my dealer to find that out. GM and Costco apparently have research that tell them the people who shop at Costco are more likely to have the GM six pack and they are not really price conscious about the options. I am not so sure about that one.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealers been stuck with them for several months. They were supposed to be price negotiated by Costco from 80ksticker to about 75k. They are offering them for 69 and change. I don’t want black or white and am not crazy about the interior color

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.2 and 10 speed combo is the only reason I bought Denali over SLT. You won't regret it. The power is unbelievable in a vehicle this size. Its no race car but it gets on down the highway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14