Any recommendations or advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AOK

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am new to the forums and plan to get some pictures of my Tahoe up soon, but I currently have a 2012 Z71 tahoe, mocha steel metallic with tan and brushed aluminum interior. I have started to make it my own, and have gotten great ideas from just reading your forums, so I figured I would ask you guys directly for any advice or recommendations, seeing as how I have never altered any of my previous vehicles. So far I have put on a black ranch hand grill guard (surprisingly useful here in Montana, I've taken out 3 deer and a moose in my 10 years of driving here), swapped my emblems for aftermarket black bow ties(thinking about plastidipping the originals instead), tinted the windows, added IPCW bermuda black tail lights and a rear cargo security shade thing in tan. I am installing an alpine INE-Z928HD nav/radio w alpine perfect fit dash kit in brushed aluminum, as well as a JL audio center console stealthbox sub this weekend. I have ordered plastidip and think that I am going to spray all of the chrome emblems matte black, in keeping with my mocha steel and black theme that I have started so far. Not sure how I feel about spraying the stock wheels matte black... I am considering the IPCW black angel headlights to match my taillights and that is about it so far. Oh ya, I also ordered an LTZ center console (cupholders etc thing) in brushed aluminum to replace the standard LT cupholder and cubby that is currently there. Basically I am asking you guys for any recommendations you could make on modifications that I havent thought of yet. I am not going for too 'flashy' of a look, nothing lowered or huge rims or anything like that, and I don't have the time to do extensive fabrication or unique custom work myself, but am currently addicted to this site! Thank you all for ALL your help, in the past through your old posts and forums, and in the future, because I am sure I will need it!

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Let me edit that last part: I don't have the time or, most importantly, the SKILL, to do extensive fabrication or custom work

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone..... I also ordered an LTZ center console (cupholders etc thing) in brushed aluminum to replace the standard LT cupholder and cubby that is currently there.

Tell me how that works please. How is it different than the one I have in my Z71? Any pictures?

OP
OP
AOK

AOK

Reaction score
I am changing from this: http://buyersguide.caranddriver.com/media/eVox/stills_0320/7120/7120_st0320_126.jpg
7120_st0320_126.jpg

to this:
http://file.kelleybluebookimages.co...vrolet-tahoe-cup-holder1_8177_066_640x480.jpg
2013-chevrolet-tahoe-cup-holder1_8177_066_640x480.jpg

but mine will be in brushed aluminum like that matches the z71 trim. I found mine on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-SILVE...ER-CONSOLE-CUPHOLDER-STEEL-GRAY-/370899558577
$(KGrHqZHJDQFBoUs0WUFBQi0chYWu!~~60_1.jpg

Should be delivered tomorrow and I will post before and after pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Hungry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you looking to get only interior/cosmetic advice or are you open to performance mods and other upgrades? There are a laundry list of things you can do to your truck depending on what you trying to focus on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic