Any recommendations for mechanics in the Austin area on Engine rebuild?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gideon K

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking at owning an Escalade that seems to have collapsed lifter problem (and maybe needs a partial engine rebuild). There is no check engine light but there are some codes like P06DD. Any recommended GM Technician in Austin, Round Rock area that I can take the vehicle for diagnosis and repair? Thanks in advance.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at owning an Escalade that seems to have collapsed lifter problem (and maybe needs a partial engine rebuild). There is no check engine light but there are some codes like P06DD. Any recommended GM Technician in Austin, Round Rock area that I can take the vehicle for diagnosis and repair? Thanks in advance.
Texas Speed and Performance is up near the Georgetown airport. If they don't do customer's cars, maybe they can recommend someone. I don't live near you but there are some guys on here in that area. Just have to search them out and ask.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Sparksalot might be able to help.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you!
I just talked with a friend who does custom cars, many with LS transplants. His suggestion was that many shops ought to be able to diagnose and repair your engine. Be aware that there may be more internal damage if one or more lifters croaked.