Any reason NOT to go 4" or 6" on a 2021 Z71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A brand spankin' new 2021 and you want to lift it 6"? WHY? Personal choice of course but WHY?

Drive it and enjoy it and dodge as many TSB's and RECALL's as you can. As soon as you lift it, how much warranty goes away?

OP
OP
D

DubTahoe21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My operating assumption based on initial dealer convos is that there is no loss of warranty when the dealer does it and then certifies the vehicle, used or new, hence the urgency of the post and current need for a reliable kit. I see a similar thread further down and apologize for the duplication for those following both. I will look into the Ready Lift lead, thanks. And yes, personal preference, just like color, rims, stereo, trim level, etc. I respect the look of the level, I leveled my 2004, and lifted my 2013 4 inches. I just like the look of lifted trucks. Full disclosure, only real life example of true need was getting through roads flooded by Hurricane Florence, so sure, it's overkill for a grocery getter, but I've spent $4k on dumber things before and will again. Thanks for the replies.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located Jason? I've seen that the guys at Lewisville Autoplex here outside Dallas have done some lifts on the '21s but I have no idea what they're using.

EDIT: it's ReadyLift. I had heard somewhere that the 3.5" and 4" kits from the previous gen might be useable on the '21s, not sure if they're direct fit or need to be modified but it looks like that's an option.

with the independent rear suspension on the new ones, there is no way in hell a prior gen kit could work. Possibly up front, but the rear is all new.

JR09country

Reaction score
I am actually impressed a company is pursuing it. I'll take my Crow plucked and baked.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they feel the need to drop the difference that much...I wouldn't waste my money.

I have always hated the lifter torsion bar trucks for the same reasons.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they feel the need to drop the difference that much...I wouldn't waste my money.

I have always hated the lifter torsion bar trucks for the same reasons.

The dif is probably dropped no further than to get it back to factory location...which by all means should be the case. Its just more noticeable when the bumper isnt hiding it as much anymore.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree...and fully understand why.

Just not a fan of lifted IS vehicles, it just gets busy looking