Any info on lifting a ‘21 with air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gkacp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the brackets set to 2 and 2.5 which is the max setting they will let you go. When I try to go higher with the selector it does not let me, gives me a message about it already being all the way up. As to strut wear, I asked the guys at 4wp when they installed my wheels+tires if they thought it would strain it too much and they said it would wear a little quicker but not enough to make it bad/unreasonable. If you need a picture I can get one. The ride is fine because of the amount of sidewall I have. On the stocks which are 270/60r20 I believe it was almost a pogo stick and not super practical. Also in the video that is with stock tire height so the wheel well will look less filled out than mine because of tire size. From my experience, since you already have the lift is to see how high it goes before the ride gets bad since you are on a smaller tire and then decide from there how much room you have to fit bigger tires.

Last edited:

Gkacp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For refer
This is very helpful. Thank you. I don't have much perspective so maybe help me here. When your truck right now is in 4L and you move the air suspension selector to Max Height, how much more does it have to go? In theory if it still jumps up then the difference is how much travel variance you still have from being "max'd out". The suspension install shop suggested that maxing these adjustable brackets would be the world's worst ride and wear out the strut b/c it would be over extended all the time.

The youtube video I just watched looked like it air's up much more than 2.5/2
Replied but forgot to quote.

charlesegale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any updates here. I'm about to take my 2023 Z1 Suburban to have the edgymods installed. My goal is to have 3rd setting become the defacto normal setting such that i don't have to change it all the time. I get concerns about wear but i'm unlikely to be in 4 low very much.

I'm adding k02 285/60/20 to the truck.

The truck appears level or close to level stock but i have not measured it. I am think 1 to 1.5" up in the rear and 2" up in the front.

I wish that the air ride suspension would allow you to choose the 3rd height as a permanent setting. Sure would make things easier.

Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401